Thread: Bed time

Ellibam Guest

Default Bed time

just wondering what is your childs bed time?
    Makon is 7 months and his is 8pm but im thinking of bringing it earlier

Indah goes to bed around then too, as maddy goes to bed at 7:30, I then bath Indah quickly & feed her & then pop her in bed too. It's the earliest I can manage at the moment! Having to do readers, dinner, dishes, etc, etc, maddy washed.... blah, blah, blah!!!

But if you can get him down earlier & it suits etc then do whatever works for you!!!

Kaitlyns is between 630pm and 8pm as it depends on how she sleeps during the day . I always try and get her in bed at 730pm but sometimes I just cant get her to stay up that long.

Blake's bath is 7.15pm then by the time he's out and dressed, he's usually having his bedtime bottle around 7.45/7.50pm.

Lachlan's is 7pm, although now that he and Kameron share a room it is around 7.30pm which is good for us cause Kameron goes to bed with him then, so he is going to bed earlier

Love

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Around 8.30 here the kids are asleep It varies with my two, Marisa used to go to bed quite late when she was younger but it's dropped back majorly and she gets tired earlier now she has kinder and other things like that. I look back and get cold shivers thinking about how badly she slept. Thank goodness it's not like that anymore!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I give DS his bedtime feed at 7pm and put him in his cot asleep around 7.15pm. Seems to suit him and me (coz i get a couple of hours to myself). When he's gone to bed later, he still wakes at the same time, so i figure he may as well go to bed at that time!!

Jack used to go to bed at about 10pm, maybe later!!! But now his bedtime has gotten earlier, about 8.30pm, tonight was 9pm, so that's much better...

He wakes up about 8.30/9am though so I suppose thats why..
    I think cause I was sick with gastro last week a couple of times he did wake earlier in the morning, about 7/8am but cause I was feeling so crap, I fell back to sleep and he did too for another hour.

I would like to get his bedtime earlier, but it all depends on what my little man wants to do!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma's bedtime varies from 6-7.30pm. Normally on the days she has daycare she crashes out early and starts to get grumpy at about 5.30pm! We never forced a bedtime Gemma kinda lets us know when shes ready for bed, we just follow the tired signs.She is up early in the morning though at about 5.30-6.30 which suits us as Corey gets up then anyway so we figured thats why she wants to get up, to play with daddy!

Hi there, sorry i don't mean to hijack your post, ellibugs, but i have just noticed Kirsty77 that you have 2 clomid bubs. Are you still BFing DC#1? Do you mind if i PM you some questions? Evan is a clomid baby and we are thinking about TTC #2.

We have only just started to aim for a more consistent bedtime with Tamsin, but it's around 7 - 7:30 p.m. at the moment. It depends when she seems to be tired though.

Zander goes to bed aroun 8-8.30pm and gets up at around 9-9.30am. If he only has one daytime sleep he tends to go to bed around an hour earlier.

Maggie goes to sleep around 8.00pm give or take 1/2 hour. I start the bedtime process around 6.00 though (dinner, bath, book, bf). She gets up anywhere between 7:30am and 9:00am. If she wakes a lot in the night, she tends to get up at the later time.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Jonah set his bed time for us and this is usually between 8:30 and 9:30, sometimes later but not usually. He used to be up REALLY late like 1am and that was awful and thankfully he adjusted that for us. He has a bath at around 7:30, earlier if he's in the cranks which means he's tired. Then he has a bit of a play after his bath until he starts getting really sleepy (rubbing his eyes etc) and then he has his bottle (a warm one) usually between 8 and 8:30. And then he will get up in the morning again between 8 and 8:30.

I try to have Kynan in bed by around 7:15-ish and no later than 8pm. He still tends to wake up at the same time in the morning even if he goes to bed late so like LG I try to have him in bed on time as otherwise we all end up cranky & tired LOL.

I am trying to get Milo's bedtime to 7-7:30.

At the moment it is around 8pm, if he settles, but sometimes the settling can be up to an hour.

Its only recently that I've got it as early as 8 though, 2 weeks ago he was stil going to bed around 10:30pm every night!

Wolf goes to bed at 8 p.m., since he was a little baby. It works really well for us as it means he sleeps until 6:30 or 7 a.m.

Aidyns bedtime is *supposed* to be 7pm, but lately he has been playing silly buggers and stretching it to 8, even 9 pm.
    He wakes up anywhere from 5.30 - 7am most mornings.
    When he was younger he used to sleep in till 9.... gosh I miss those days!