Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it being selfish to be gentle....?

Okay... the question first asked is it cruel to be gentle.... so lets answer that one

I think Lucy said something we need to really stick too, there are so many people out there, relatives, friends, random people in the shops) who try to tell us what the best way to parent our children is. We hear so much about how something we are doing is wrong. I think its really important for us to start to learn how to take a breath & say, you know what if that is what is working for you... okay.

We may not have children who respond to things that we want to do. And we have to adjust accordingly (or grieve in my case ) but we don't need to tell anyone else what they are doing is "wrong"... well okay unless it medically is LOL.

So... IMO, CC isn't the best thing for children. Having a child who still wakes during the night at 3 and having tried CC thats my opinion. I don't want to put that opinion on anyone else, but that is my experience....

K, sorry.. just very exhausted at the moment. Had a rotten day of it today, sooo sick with m/s today, DS waking so frequently to feed at night. Just felt like it does when mum makes suggestions that it's time to give up my silly ideas of gentle sleep methods and it's time to let him cry. It's like why am I bothering if it's going to end up as cc afterall.

It's not DS's fault I'm pg and feeling rotten. I'd LOVE to have longer blocks of sleep, but I'm not gonna make him give me longer sleeps by resorting to that. He's gonna have enough changes coming up as it is.

Just a bit discouraging to hear people having to give up GP methods thats all. Some success stories would be nice for a change.

Fraser Guest

well I look forward to reading your success story in the near future then Liz , for I am sure you will have one, you sound very dedicated and in now way do I think that your use of GP is 'silly'

I think GP can be/mean a variety of various ways & things to various persons...

It isnt gonna be the same for everyone!!

I think if you do what suits your child, your family & your environment is all that matters!

Being judged by others is just not gonna achieve anything!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12