Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Baby Shower gift??

Thanks for all the great ideas! Maybe once I get pg, I'll steer my sister towards this thread

I like the photographer idea, I might have a look at something like that. I asked my friends DP, and he said she had seen some of the dress up/costume things you can buy (I've seen a bumble bee one online) and thought they were really cute, so I thought maybe a photographer that does the cute pics of bubs dressed up.

Thanks again

Sarah, we must have posted at the same time.
    I love the baby on board sign, I might have to get one of those as well. I hadn't thought of that at all, so hopefully noone else has.
    A lot of our other friends are doing baskets with lots of stuff in, and everyone I've spoken to has got clothes, so I wanted to steer away from that!

Oh oh I just thought of a few things I really loved... If you know how bub's room will be (or is) decorated, getting something for the room is great. I got some butterflies, a gorgeous fairy statue & a star crystal thing to go in Juliette's room & they are great additions.

I didn't have a baby shower but these are some things that would have been very welcomed (if I didn't already have them)

The gifts are not really 'babyish' but are practical and may help the parents out and allow them to spend more time with their baby. Which is a priceless gift really.

You could give your friend some 'vouchers' eg 2 hours babysitting, meals delivered at their choosing or deliver 1-2 a week for the first 6 weeks, cleaning. I was offered help but I didn't want to ask people to do my washing etc - too proud, but if it had been given as a voucher/as a gift I probably would have taken them up on it. You could include a 'pamper pack' too, nice soaps, bubble bath, champagne, chocky etc.

Dust buster/stick vac - makes a huge difference if you haven't had time to pull out hte big vaccuum cleaner

Slow cooker

The sexy underwear would be awesome. I bought a hotmilk set at 38weeks and it was such a mood lifter. By that stage I was sick of being hot, pregnant, sick of maternity underwear, missing my hubby etc (I had go to city to deliver 3ish weeks before).

Wool breast pads - If planning to breast feed. They are soooooooo soft. All my girlfriends will be getting some, plus lansinoh and/or calendula cream

Of course you can buy a growsuit or something babyish once bub is born.
    Good luck

I like the vaporiser idea - I would not have thought of that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12