Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Sleeping bag

Default Best Sleeping bag

Am looking at getting a new sleeping bag for DS, just had a cheaper one that was given to me but am looking for something thats a little better ie made from better fabric, think the last one was polyester. Don't mind the cost as its something he will sleep in every night

I love my Grobags, I picked them up fairly cheaply off ebay, but it can be quite competitive! I've heard about some merino wool ones which are supposed to be really great (they are expensive), but because wool is a great insulator they keep them warm in winter and cooler in summer. I can't remember the brand though.

we have the merino go go bags - they are not cheap (around about $160 each) but you can use them year round and we have had them since 6 months (and will last til about 18 months).
    With DS1 i did grobags and had to buy different togs etc so i would say this has actually been a cheaper option overall

I got one for Singapore coz it's 0.3tog by Bubbaroo which I really like. I think the warmer ones have nice soft fabric on the inside!

I've heard the wool ones are good too.
    We use living textiles, we got it from baby bunting, I think. Jordy's 2 1/2 and we still use ours.
    Oh! I saw some really lovely bonds ones at kmart recently, too, that you can unclip to make them longer down the track.
    If we still needed to buy one I would probably go with that

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Grobags and dream bags.

Grobags are better for older child as position of zipper harder for them to undo and get out of. DS1 used to get out of dreambags from about 16 months by pulling to undo press studs.

we've been using grobags since DS was about 12 weeks old & love them. as mamapan says though - we've had 2 in the 6-18 months size to have 2 different tog ratings (a 1.0 & a 2.5).

in regards to overall cost - as you say, they sleep in them every night & we use also them for DS' 2 naps each day so imo they've been worth the money

deleted

I cant go past Grobags too. I didnt use them for DD but did for DS and they were great. Next baby i wont be using them but out of all of the sleeping bags, i would use Grobags if i had to again. Definately worth the money and they retain their value. So once youre finished with them, youll easily be able to sell them on ebay for a good price.

Grobags & Bubbaroo bags here. Love them, think they are the greatest invention ever! DD sleeps in one every sleep, its such a part of her sleep routine now that I think she would think we missed a step if we disn't put her in one!

Grobags and Dream Bags here. Love them both! Dream Bags are about half the price of Grobags though and I honestly can't tell the difference!!

wow thanks guys, am off to google your suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    Grobag here too. If you google for Bambini Pronto, they have them on sale sometimes. You may have a limited choice in colours/sizes, though.
    That's where all our Grobags have come from - got quite a few bargains. Also, if you have a Baby's R Us (Toys R Us) near by, keep an eye out for their sales. When they have 20% off baby items, the Grobags are on sale too. Sign up for their emails as they often have sales.

Also, be careful that you don't get a travel one by accident. We did with one of DD's first Grobags and IMO, it wasn't that easy to use in the carseat so it wasn't worth the extra $$.

We love the Sungtime ones here - some of them are that polar fleece but we always buy their cotton winter ones that are lovely cotton and so warm. Summertime they also make a 0.5 TOG one that is all cotton. Myer and DJs have them and they are about $30 cheaper than the Grobags but just as good IMHO.

I found the grobags best for when my girls started using sleeping bags at 4-6 months as they have the poppers to clip up the arm holes to make them not so big. Also they are really nice and breathable. When they were older we rotated between grobags and snugtime, reason being the girls worked out how to unzip them LOL

I have the Merino kids ones and I love them. They are pricey, but sooooo worth it. Because they're made from Merino wool they breathe and you can use the same one for any temperature between about 18 and 30 degrees, so you don't have to buy different ones for each seasons like you do with the ones that have tog ratings. We bought 2 of them when DS was about 3 months and the sizing is supposed to take him through till when he is 2. That's pretty good value in my book. If you google Merino Kids you'll find their website which takes you through all the benefits. But personally I can't recommend them highly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss E View Post
    I have the Merino kids ones and I love them. They are pricey, but sooooo worth it. Because they're made from Merino wool they breathe and you can use the same one for any temperature between about 18 and 30 degrees, so you don't have to buy different ones for each seasons like you do with the ones that have tog ratings. We bought 2 of them when DS was about 3 months and the sizing is supposed to take him through till when he is 2. That's pretty good value in my book. If you google Merino Kids you'll find their website which takes you through all the benefits. But personally I can't recommend them highly enough.
    These were the ones I was thinking of! I remember someone I knew posted about them one day but couldn't remember who it was!

yep they are what we have too Miss E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast