Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birth Marks

Default Birth Marks

Isla has an "Angel Kiss" above her right eye. It sort of goes across her eye brow & up towards her hair line kinda above her tempel. I think its cute & by no means am I bothered by it. I was just curious how long the take to fade away? I was looking on the net & when its in the position hers is they are called Angel Kisses. I think thats really sweet, especially seems she was born the day before my sister lost her angel. Its the same sort of makr as you see on babies that go up between their eyes up their forhead.
    So anyone know how long they are their for?

I have never seen one in that position before. Lindsay had his strawberry mark until he was about 18months old and the girls never had one, although they do have other birth marks. I suppose it would really vary as to how long it would last for. I have seen babies with strawberry marks that are gone after a few weeks, others months.

I'll try& take a pic of it & put it on my ticker. I dunno if it will show up that well though.

Yep same thing BUT Freya's would also be an Angel Kiss also. A Stork bite is the mark that they get att he nap of their neck. They are all the same thing but its their position that gives them different names.

my DD has a stork bite and its still there and my 7 year old niece also still has hers

Smile

My DD Chloe has a strawberry mark on her shoulder and it is just starting to fade now and she is nearly 6 and my DD Haylee has a strawberry mark about the size of a 5 cent piece above her left eyebrow and hasn't faded at all, she has just turned 4. The nurse told me they start to disappear after the age of 5 - 6, so we will see. I like them though they look cute.

My sister and one of her sons have angel kiss birthmarks... her son is 3 and it is only noticable when he gets hot, angry or he cries... it is the same for my sister... though, hers can come out slightly when she is pregnant.
    I think they're cute!!!

Olivia has a stork bite: quite a large one, on the side of her neck. She hasd long hair so it coverds it, and I never notice it, but when I do have a look at it, it certainly isn't fading at all...

I see strawberries and angel kisses as two different marks. To me, the strawberries are the ones that can become a thick, raised red lump, and angel kisses are like a stain on their skin...is this right??

Paige has the stain on her skin between her eyebrows and a little towards her forehead.

I never knew what it was either. But Glenn also had these. I can remember a friend always commenting on how red he was around his eyes. So when I think back, he would have had Angel kisses too.
    Isla's is a bit different though. Its more of the wine stain colour.

Matthew and Adrian both have stork marks on the back of their necks, they were born with them.

Matthew also has quite a big strawberry mark on his shoulder, it appeared at 2 months of age and isn`t looking at fading yet by I`ve read by the time they are nine 95% of strawberry marks are gone.

Alexa has a stork mark on th eback of her neck, it is a dark pink colour but not raised... She also has a strawberry on her belly at the side, this appeared after birth & is dark red & raised (it is a pool o blood vessles!!!), it will get bigger then eventually go by the time she is 5 or it may stay there!!!!

neverplan, if you google birthmarks you`ll come across sites which will explain all the different birth marks

Mads....the blue vein thing......Olivia had this as a baby.....across the bridge of her nose........she is 2.5 now and you can't see it at all, unless she is really really over tired.

My old boss also had the blue vein thing and even at 40 he still had it, but only when he was run down/tired....his was on under his eye.

evan has a mole. It came up on the 3rd day after he was born. Its just near his belly button. I thought it was a spot of blood at first but its never washed off LOL. Now it just looks like a mole. I tell him its his special spot.
    He also had(s) a cherry spot on both of his thighs. The are tiny & probably only I could find them now.
    I had a brown birth mark across my back but its not there anymore.

My friend's children have had strawberry marks & they are haematomas, where blood leaks through & the skin gets very raised & sometimes quite irritating. Most of them settle down, but some continue to get inflammed & can cause issues due to having blood leaking slowly into them. They get picked up at regular checks though so its nothing to be concerned about unless one shows to be more severe.

Matilda had a stork bite at the back of her neck and I think Jovie does too, but they only seem to show when the girls get hot & bothered LOL

Fiona Indah had a feint red angel kiss on her left eye & a few times nurses commented on it, but within a few months it disappeared altogether, then again my girls have olive skin...?

I have 2 strawberry marks that never went away. They are still there, same colour and all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast