Thread: Birthdays close together...

Default Birthdays close together...

Assuming AF arrives on time tomorrow, if I fall pregnant on my next cycle bub #2 and Alexzander will have their birthdays pretty close together. Alexzander's cycle started June 5th and this one will be June 7th. I suppose though Zander was a week later & this next bub will probably be a week or so early due to having an elective c/s so it will probably be about 2-3 weeks difference.

I can't remember how active I was when Zander was 3 weeks old, I know I was walking ok & had been shopping a few times, but would I be ok with a birthday?? I don't want Zander to have his 2nd birthday with a mummy that can't give him cuddles because of the new baby.

Should I wait this next cycle out (assuming I'm not pregnant now) or should I go for it & let nature decide??? I'm leaning towards going for it, but I really really don't want Zander to have to deal with getting used to a new baby and then having his birthday affected by my ceaserean....

Any thoughts????

Sarah - If I was in your shoes, I`d let nature take it`s course, who know`s you might be designed to only have March babies.

My sister has 3 children all are born within 2 weeks of each other, their BIrthday`s are 27th Feb, 6th March and 14th March - it can get a bit much with Birthday`s all the time but it doesn`t seem to worry the parents or the children.

Only you and Aaron can make the final decision but I think you should go for it. Good Luck

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I think let nature take it's course too. All of my SIL children (3) were born in March and they've never really had a problem with it, except having to spend a fortune on birthdays and parties and things.

But I think if it's meant to happen then it will and if not, bring on the next cycle

I would go for it. At 2 Zander won't remember if you were picking him up at his second birthday or not. It certainly won't effect his long term love for you either. You probably won't be able to lift him up for cuddles if you're having a c/s as you aren't suppose to lift anything heavier then your baby for the first 6 weeks, but I wouldn't let this stop you. Your choice but i'd go for it! Good luck.

Sarah i would let nature take it course.

My sister has hers both born in the same month they are just over a week apart.
    This one for me will be due 4 days before Kimberley's birthday. I'm not worried as they will awlays have birthdays seperate.

I say go for it Sarah. true that after havinga c/s you won't be running any marathons, but you will still be able to give Zander a great birthday. As for having the birthdays close together anyway, I think it is only as much hassle as you make it, like if you go for the big parties and stuff.

In my family, there is Me on the 10/1, two of my brothers are on the 30 & 31/1 and my sister is a month later on 18/2. Mum was just super organised (most of the time) in getting presents and stuff.

Definitely let nature take it's course. If I was to have this bubba 2 wks early like both my other 2 have been it would be the day before Kameron's 5th birthday !! So we are hoping my body does the right thing by me this time around and gets me at least to my due date

Love

Sarah, i have been having similar issues, i got told from my ob today that i need to have an elective c-section at 39 weeks, so the baby will be born on my 25th birthday and 2 weeks before Nick's 4th birthday.
    I say go for it, i'm sure things will turn out just fine, plus the 2nd c-section is alot easier to recover from than the first.

Sarah, I had Jess two weeks before Kat's first birthday. And to tell you the truth, because I had a planned c/s (not exactly elective, jess was transverse and unstable lie) my recovery was great. We had planned the party two weeks late (for months in case I went overdue) and just kept that date. Made a HUGE fuss over her on the day and teh day of the party was fantastic. I could pick her up from about 2wks after the op. So I say Let nature take it's course. I doubt you will be too sore to hold him when sitting or give him cuddles and kisses! It will just be picking him up and others will be more than willing to help with that! Go For it Girl and best of luck! I hope it happens and your dreams come true!

LOL at giving him hugs for me Fletch, I'll hold you to that