Thread: Blocked nose?

Default Blocked nose?

My little one has a really blocked nose and is struggling to breathe when feeding. Does anyone know what I can do for her?

Thanks
    Sue x

get some Little Fess nasal spray. They come with a sucker thing so once you squirt it up their nose you can suction everything out. hope she is feeling better soon Also when she goes to sleep, raise one end of the cot mattress so she is slightly elevated, will help it to drain a bit better.

Aww, thanks mate. She's a poor wee cherub again today - blocked nose and hasn't been for a poo since Thursday last week and is clearly in some discomfort especially since we slowly started solids the other day!

Having a wee snooze just now though.
    Thanks again
    Sue x

A nice warm shower with mummy (or daddy) works a treat too, followed by a vapouriser in the house. Hope your little Miss is feeling better very soon

I second the vapouriser, perhaps in her room and feed her in there, I have a Euky Bear vapouriser, and it's fantastic. Also some Euky bear rub on her feet and or a little bit on her top might help too.
    Hope little miss is feeling better soon.

you can rub abit of vicks on your skin so she smells it when she feeds too. it can be too much for their skin.

Turn the hot tap in the shower on full blast so the bathroom gets all steamy and sit in there with her for a bit. And yep def get the vapouriser going in whichever room you spend the most time, heating really sucks all the moisture out of the air during winter. I found propping up bub in bed helped alot too....put a few towels underneath the head end of the cot/bassinette matress if she sleeps in one of them?
    poor wee princess,
    hope she feels better soon
    xo

Aww, thanks guys, I'll try some of those things tonight.
    Sue xxx

Sea water solution works a treat for Nath, you can buy it at the supermarket as a nasal spray or you can get it from the chemist - the one at the chemist is the same as you get at the supermarket but twice the price