Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brands of baby clothes

Default Brands of baby clothes

Can anyone recommend easily available, inexpensive baby clothes brands? I have a rapidly growing bub and usually buy Target which I find okayish. Haven't bought Big W stuff and not very happy with Kmart quality. I am talking about growsuits, body suits, tshirts etc for daywear at home and bedtime. I am fine with 'good' going out clothes, more just looking for good quality home wear. What do you put baby in?

i personally love bonds!!!

What about best and less. They have nice looking clothes and sets for very reasonable prices. I have been asked a few times where I have gotten DD's outfits from and people are surprised when I tell them Best and less.

i also prefer Big W over kmart
    what about checking out ebay for second hand

For cheap day clothes I would say best and less... I have bought a couple of bodysuits from there for about $4 on special - very plain and boring but it gets them through the day. Personally I love target clothes but they seem to be getting a bit expensive (unless there is a sale and they always seem to be having some kind of sale).

I have brought best and less, but find they go out of shape really quickly and tend to shrink. Bonds are good, but if she's growing quickly he would be out of them before he wore them out. Big W is pretty good - their $12 tracksuits ($6ea for pants and jumpers) are great value - I have stuff that all three of my older kids have worn. If you want something slightly higher-end, go for the Sprout range at Myer, not overly expensive but fantastic quality and it wears really well - no shrinking or going out of shape. their long jumpsuits are fab.
    Last edited by Trillian; March 26th, 2008 at 09:32 PM.

best and less are great. What's wrong with K-mart clothes? we have a few and have never had problems but the dymples brand stuff doens't look nice after a few washes. bonds stuff is great too. oh and sprout is great too but i wouldn't call that dagging around the house stuff.

hi

i like big W and best and less for little suits etc. i find the bonds ones shrink in the wash a lot and the colour fades a lot too. i'm not very impressed with them at all.

don't spend much they grow so fast and to be honest i bought so much stuff that my DS never wore or needed.

~Belinda~ Guest

Might try Big W ourselves, haven't tried yet! I have a few hand me down clothes which are so nice (and some that hasn't been worn) - I actually love Target stuff and recently bought 5 outfits and 9 singlets from there for only $50! Some stuff was marked from $29.95 down to only $3!

Big W...dymples...really affordable, some great little designs and wears/washes really well.

Bonds...absolutely love it! Especially the stretchies stuff...looks great, washes beautifully! But buy a size bigger as their sizing is really small!

Ebay...big fan! Fred Bare, Sprout...

I LOVE Sprout for DD... but also don't call them around the house clothes!!! I also prefer to buy Sprout in the sales...

I had some Dymples brand stuff and it went out of shape pretty quickly

I love Target (almost everything DD has is Target. Wears well for Child Care!), Best & Less (esp their singlets - they're the softest I've seen!), and Cotton on Kids. Their is also a brand at a local store that I love. Good quality and not too expensive. I think it is called "Little Kids".

HTH

MG

Thanks ladies!
    Rachel- I just found Kmart baby clothes wash out of shape quickly, pilling occurs(is that the word- little balls of cotton..) all over them (and she is only 3.5 months so doesn't move heaps) and they look worn even though they are new. DD is getting too big for 00 so I have gone through 0000, 000, and now 00 clothing in 3.5 months! I know it will slow down but crikey! I am starting to buy size 0 which will last longer on her, but just wanted others' advice!

I used to shop at all the place mentioned above but now I am more inclined to go to Myer or David Jones. They have some great sales and their clothes are much better quality. I would rather spend a few dollars mre (and only a few) and have them last a bit longer. Myer's brand SPROUT is a lovely one. I picked up some great things in the recent sales! Even their jumpsuits and snappies are great!

Cotton On Kids sells some lovely stretchy soft simple things like gro-suits, leggings, t-shirts, and if they're on sale they're good value.
    Love Myer Sprout as well.

Deirdre, up until Aiden was about 5months, he pretty much lived in the all in one type body suits. Very rarely had anything else on. Probably wasnt until it started to really warm up that i started with shorts and tshirts.
    Generally, i get all Aidens clothes from Big W or Kmart (or ebay ). I find i have no problems with them. The only thing i really figured out was that some sizes are abit smaller, so, i might get a size bigger. I must admit, some things seem to come out of shape, but, for the cheap price, and i mean, i buy when they are on special for $3 or $4 each, it doesnt really bother me. What bothers me is that that 1 of the only 2 brand name things i have brought Aiden (that wasnt off ebay) has stretched, and the snap buttons have rusted, and its a white shirt, and now i have streaky rust marks thru it. So, I would of rather have brought 5 tshirts from big w, instead of the 1 from pumpkin patch.

I buy most of Emy's things at Big W - its only 3km away, but I also think that the quality of there clothes is good for what you pay. I have never had any problems with any of their clothes (the Dymples brand) washing out of shape, or anything, and she has one pair of denim shorts with an adjustable waist that she wore just about every day over summer, and they are still going strong!

I have also bought things from Best & Less, but usually just stuff that I know will just be around the house, and pyjamas and stuff - I have no issues with their quality, but I think that some of their cloths are not as cute as some others out there. I haven't been into a Target or Kmart in AGES, coz I can't be bothered going into them to look for clothes when I have Big W and Best & Less just down the road, and am more than happy to give them my money!

Dierdre - I can't believe that you are already buying size 0! Emy is only just getting into some of them now, and I really have to inspect the clothes before I buy them, coz some brands are really big sizes, so I still have to buy 00 for her in those brands. Anyway, I guess that she has been in the 00 size since she was about 7-8 months old, and the denim shorts that i bought her are one of the first things I bought her for summer, and they still look good.

I havent bought many clothes at all for my daughter, but have been given heaps of lovely clothes. Most are Target or Dymples (big W).

The clothes i have bought have been from Target and Cotton On. Cotton on have some cute tshirts and target have some really cute dresses and sets. I got to Target when theyve got a sale on. You can get some great bargains. I was getting little dresses for $4 each and leggings for about the same . We've got a pumpkin patch outlet store nearby and somethimes they have some good bargains.

Bought a few things from ebay too. Good if you can get a bunch of clothes from the one person. I've only ever bought one thing from ebay (a winter jacket). Cost me $20 instead of the $45 that the shop was asking for the exact same thing.

Whoever has a sale. Big W and Cotton on Kids mostly. Consider the Pumpkin Patch online clearance section too, they can have some good cheaper stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast