Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can anyone recommend Dr for early circumsision VIC

Cailin - with ours - the actual snip/cut/procedure is classified as plastic surgery or something that is not rebateable so we only got the medicare money back on the consultation.

An aside - when we were given Dr. Goldmans name, I looked him up in the phone book and called the number, it was his home number and I got Mrs. Goldman !!

Hi
    I got Jacob done at 7.5 weeks, I am in QLD but just wanted to share my experience.

We paid $440.00 for the procedure and I ended up getting about $95 back from medicare, there was a subsiquent appointment that was $55 and I got like $30 odd back from that.
    He had the plasti bell procedure.... they dont let you in there with them as they say its more distressing for the mother than it is for the baby!! hehe
    7 days to the dot it came off and it looks GREAT now!!
    Oh and STUPID me said Merry Christmas to the doctor!!!! didnt I feel silly when I realised.... wondering why he just smiled and said "yes"
    I am very happy that we made the decision to get it done
    Go to circumsision australia website and there should be plenty of info about doctors that do it in Melbourne/Vic area.

Good luck with it :-)

with out raising debate, how many had it done for reasons other than religion?

Not that we will need it anytime soon, but while this discussion is fresh I would love to know of people who had their sons done not for religious reasons.

Thanks...

BTW... Good Luck Sarah

Hi Mel,
    We didnít get done for religious reasons... DH is done, my Dad is done, my brother, my poppy and so on, so that was the initial train of thought.
    Also my nephew is done also and that was about 18 months ago so I was thankful to have my SIL to guide me through it.
    I am the decedent of a Jewish family about 4 or 5 generations ago but that didnít have any influence on my decision. That is just one facet of my colourful dependence

Decendance..... not dependance!! hehe

I will be getting my son done as a preventative health measure, not for religion.

We didnt do it due to religious reasons either, but for health reasons.

We are thinking of getting it done, but I think we missed the boat. I saw our GP yesterday, and apparrently you haev to haev got in before 4w, and Hamish is just about 5w. So no go until he is out of nappies now, and liek I'm going to go through that then.
    We were getting it done for non-religious reasons, but I guess its an indication that our convictions weren't strong enough if we weren't organised enough to get the referral in time.
    Oh well - hopefully his little noo-noo will thank us..... Maybe?

Hi - we didn't have it done for religious reasons. I know there are a million reasons not to have it done. Alex was about 6 weeks when it was done and you don't need a referral, you just ring up and book.

mooshie Guest

we didn't get it done for religious reasons either, however i feel uncomfortable posting about the reasons why we got it done, especially on a public forum.

fi, my g/friends son was done at 8wks, she couldn't get it done any earlier either as she lives in the middle of no where and the doc that did them only came into town every couple of months, maybe do some checking around if you have decided you want to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by barbie-up View Post
    you don't need a referral, you just ring up and book.
    You might just want to check with the OB before you go as we needed one with Jesse's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123