Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone recommend a great high chair????

I just bought one of these from the Perth IKEA - for some reason they scan cheaper than the ticket price, so the chair and tray only cost me $29.95!

However I didn't notice the blow-up cushion.. a search on their website seems to indicate that it's not for sale in WA.

Can someone please tell me if they think it's absolutely necessary? Could you use a towel etc instead?

And if it really is better with the pillow - is there any chance some lovely BBer who is planning on an IKEA trip soon would purchase & post one to me? I'd cover the costs of course!

Mrs P - I bought the blow up cushion for mine only a couple of weeks ago (a bit late really!). It's good, but I'm sure like you said, a rolled up towel or something would do the trick. It would definitely be great when bub is tiny and can't sit up unassisted. You were lucky to get the tray! There is a 3 month wait in Vic atm, they recalled the original one and have changed it to a stronger one.

Thanks for that Trish. I hope the tray I bought is the 'new improved' version then!
    I'm just stockpiling for the future - we don't actually have a bub yet But I know how popular the Antilop is, and I had been thinking about it for a while, so I just decided to get one!

Sounds like you picked the right time, what a bargain! I have the older tray which is fine, but apparently isn't so good if someone (like an older sibling) comes up and puts weight on it.

~Belinda~ Guest

We love our Steelcraft Messina, just excellent!

I got one from Toys R us sale, the bruin regency hi chair. We assembled it and it looks very sturdy and it has 2 trays and adjustable height. Although, when folded for storage seems to take a bit more space.

It is 60% off, was $199 now $79.99.

I think the Love and Care range is pretty tackie, I got a rocker and the instructions were dreadful!

We have 2 the Jane Activa (from BabyCo) and an Ikea one for Grandmas.

I like the Activa as it becomes a toddler table and chair when he is older. It is a ^&*^ to keep the padding on the chair clean and food is always getting stuck between the cushions. DS is a messy eater. But it is totally plastic and easy to wipe down and was highly rated by Choice for safety.

I love the Ikea one and if I hadn't got the Activa one first I would have only bothered getting that one.

I bought a hook on highchair...$59 and it is collasable, easy to use and hooks on to the dining table so she can sit with us....oh, and there is no way she canever knock it over or anything
    I would highly recommend it

I don't have the blow up cushion for my Ikea chair........we didn't use the chair until DS was 6 months, so didn't really need it. We've managed fine without!

Yep. Ikea chair for me too. I bought a steelcraft highchair for $250 or something. Its a PITA to clean - all the food gets in the folds of the chair, through the straps etc. After using the Ikea one at a restaurant I bought one to live at my mum's place. It cleans so easily. The lack of the 5 point harness is a bit of a problem for DD#1 because she's a bit of an escape artist so I have to make sure someone is always with her - can't even duck to the kitchen for something else for her. Otherwise, brilliant. I'll be getting another one for home when DD#2 needs one.

I love going to resturants which have the Ikea high chairs. We bought a Steelcraft High Low Chair. Great function with being able to change the height so easily, but the arm rests are a little too high up and DS ends up slouching. We paid almost $200, wish we'd gone to Ikea first!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12