Thread: Ceiling fan on all night?

Question Ceiling fan on all night?

Hi Guys,
    I am slightly paraniod of leaving the ceiling fan on Jacob all night, I guess its only because i get hay fever and a dry nose from leaving ours on (even though we do every night) :P
    Am i being silly and should I just leave it on for him or is it best to turn it off when we go to bed???
    He usually kicks his blankets off early in the night
    Should I get him a pedastool fan that isolates???
    We are in SE QLD so it is getting warm and muggy and he is one of those hot skined sweaty boys
    Any help or experience would be awesomely appreciated
    TAI
    xoxo

Hi Kitty33,

I'm in Caboolture too!!!

DS is still in our room in his cot and we have the ceiling fan going all night. Doesn't seem to affect him. He kicks his blankets off early in the night too but sleeps through anyway. Some mornings when he wakes his skin feels cold to touch but he doesn't seem bothered by it.

I was a little worried about having the fan going all night but he is just like your little man, a hot bubba.

Hi Raels!!
    Thanks! I have another friend that does with her boys too... I think I am just transferring my dry nose worry onto him
    And awesome another Caboolture mum!!!
    Are you involved in any mums groups at all?? I have just finished working and am looking to get into the social joys of being a SAHM!!! CANT WAIT!
    Love to talk more!
    Kirst
    xo

I think the oscilating fans are much faster than a ceiling fan, ours is anyhow, and maybe that would be more drying than a slow ceiling one??? Just my 2c worth.

Ok, This might upset some ppl but here goes,
    I put the a/c on for dd in our room. She is a hot baby. When we get into bed, we put the a/c off and an oscilating fan on. The Fan only blows on us, but circulate the cold air in the room.
    She does not seem to mind and are also cool touch. But sometime the night does get cooler and she wakes up a bit cold (after kicking her blanket around) and then I just put her in bed with us to warm up and fall asleep and put her back in her cot.

I'm in Melbourne - so slightly different weather but it getts pretty hot here too and already this summer I have left Izzy's fan on low overnight, just to keep the air moving because it's been so hot and stuffy. She does wear a light sleeping bag though so I know at least her legs and chest are covered if she sheet comes off. You can get bags that are basically a sheet at the bottom - handy for those hot nights when you want then to at least have a sheet over them! HtH!

If it's warm when Zander goes to bed I put his fan on, but I turn it off when I go to bed.

Firstly... I'm just near Caboolture too!! lol

Oskar is still sleeping in our room and we have the ceiling fan on all night because it's just too hot and stuffy otherwise. Doesn't seem to worry him, although he isn't directly beneath it but off to the side. Our bed is directly under it. Oooh and I hear ya on the dry nose thing... I knew it was that!! Makes me feel tired in the morning sometimes if that makes sense?

Thanks guys.

Ooo Ozzy another northern mum!
    I am sooooo the same ozzy!! But I am a gluton for punishment as I cant sleep completly comfy without it on!! I wake up in the morning and my eyes are sticky... my nose is dry and I have the most horrible yuckies on my teeth, tounge and roof of my mouth! he he he.... so i guess thats why I am concerned with the fan on jacob..
    he is over to the side of his room in his cot also..
    maybe I will just stick with turning it off when I go to bed and if it happens to stay on overnight I wont beat myself up to much :P

xoxo

Kitty33-I have been procrastinating for ages now that I will join a mothers group. I will have to look into it. Ozziehoffy - do you know of any groups? Or maybe we could start one girls, just a thought?

Tanstar-please tell me where I can get one of these sleeping bags that you mentioned, like having a sheet over their legs.

Have you guys heard on Caboolture mums and little ones???
    I have been doing some surveys for them and they havent got too much support from what I have noticed... maybe we could get in with them as a group to get things going a bit??
    Well i have to admit thats my plans for the new year Better check with them first hey!! :P

But late January and I reckon i would LOVE to start my own as such...... will keep you guys posted!
    Please PM me or M S N me if you like too

I will post in the mums group section late Jan
    xoxo

Ladies if you want to organise a meetup etc, please use the member meetups section at the bottom of the forum

I am in Adelaide, and we've had our fair share of hot dry days already. I think Ashton's ceiling fan was going non stop for about a week on medium ! We don't have air conditioning to keep the house cool during the day, and i refuse to have the kids windows open at night so the ceiling fan is our only option.

Love

when I lived in Darwin all my babies have slepted with the air con on in the wet it just to mean not too but up here so far have only need the fans on at night but they are on all night but the weather up in the tropic's is a bit hotter than most places down south....