Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cereal for a 3 year old?

Honey O's are good, and DD likes the fruity bix (little weetbix chunks with fruit bits in them). The other one that was a huge favorite when she was younger was Uncle T's Muesli flakes, they're kind of sweet tasting from the fruit but are healthy too. And of course, the old reliables, weetbix and porridge (I confess, we get the flavoured sachets of porridge as they are quick and easy).

:-)

wow, i dont even like cereal, but after reading these posts, i suddenly am craving a bowl !!!
    I like the idea of giving her coco pops on the weekend. Cheerios look like a popular choice, i will try them, as well as sultana bran - thanks for the hot milk tip too - she likes it mushy rather than crunchy.

I buy most cereals for the kids but one that i will never buy is the fruit loops.

skorpy Guest

I am going to be honest.....

My daughter whos 3 tomorrow only likes coco pops and coco flakes.I cant get her to eat anything else but that or toast. I have tried Weetabix and shredded weet etc and she does not like it,and I wont force her to eat what she doesnt like.I dont see the harm in children having coco pops etc for breakfast,otherwise if it was that bad it wouldnt be available as a breakfast.

But for Lunch she has sandwhiches and for dinner she has a proper cooked meal and sometimes sits and eats a salad which has cucumber,Tomatoes,Cheese,meat and bread and butter which she loves.She eats everything else healty,so I dont mind her having something like that for breakfast.Obviously being a child,she has crisps,chocs and sweets no an again.

I had a look in the health food section of the supermarket and opted for something that looked like and tastes like cocopops without all the sugar. My 2.9yr old loves em!....Have a look next time you wander past. They have some nice cereals there.

skorpy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MummaBear79 View Post
    I had a look in the health food section of the supermarket and opted for something that looked like and tastes like cocopops without all the sugar. My 2.9yr old loves em!....Have a look next time you wander past. They have some nice cereals there.
    What a great idea..I must have a look,I havent seen them

Aidyn only has Weetbix (poor kid must be so bored with it by now!)
    He has also tried those Uncle Toby's Oats Temptations, but because I like them toooo much, I cant have them in the house LOL!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12