Thread: Change in routine and personality 11 months old

Default Change in routine and personality 11 months old

Hi,

My 11 month old daughter has suddenly become very determined to do her own thing. She was so easy to put to bed and feed but now if she does not want to go for a nap she'll chuck a bit of a tanty (she seems only to want one sleep per day now) also she has gone from being an extremely good eater to not finishing her meals and she seems to becoming fussy.

The only things that have changed in the last couple of weeks is that she is walking and she has her first cold....

Has anyone experienced this before?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Bek - my son went through a complete change in personality at around the 12 month mark.

He dropped to one sleep a day (which actually suited me better) but also started refusing to eat anything pretty much! I was so worried about him that I took him the a paed , but basically at that age, what goes in their mouth is pretty much the only thing they can control in their environment, so this does tend to be an area which suffers at times!

He has been pretty bad eating wise for the last 16 months, but we have persisted and persisted and he is finally starting to get much better with his easting and will at least give things a go now! There has been many a night when he has gone to bed with nothing though.

i think most children go through a change about this time, they will normally drop a sleep, i know my DD did this and since she has started to feed herself she has become fussy, she wont eat her vegetables unless they are in a soup or roasted. i still give it to her as one day she night just eat it.

Jenna has had a few personality transplants. One was at about 9m when she all of a sudden went incredibly clingy. It was awful!
    Now we just sort of roll with them. She's a demanding child anyway, so its just a matter of perseverence and patience!

Hi Bek.
    Sounds like Milo!

If you feel like joinging us in November 2005 baby buddies, feel free, we're over here http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=13665

Hi Bek,

My DS had similar changes and I'm afraid still changes his entire routine just when you have got used to it. I did notice that he would start night waking around the time of reaching big milestones such as walking and crawling.

I also wondered how I would know when to drop bottles and day sleeps.. and he always let me know by refusing to drink, or have his sleep. My son kept his two day sleeps until about 15 months but a lot of the kids in my Mothers group went to one sleep around age 1.
    Around 1 my son also demanded that he feed himself. We had to change to lots of finger food and I let him have weetbix in the morning which was always a huge mess. We have also had fussy phases with food and what he loves one week he will refuse the next. If he refused his dinner I still always gave him his fruit and yoghurt (which to this day he has never refused) so at least I knew he had something in his tummy.

Thanks for your help everyone. I am sure she is just going through a phase and I have to learn how to communicate with her and respond to her. I guess as they get older they can be more challenging because they are learning about independance

RayRay, I have joined the forum. Thanks, ss
    Last edited by BekZ; October 18th, 2006 at 03:41 PM.

hi bekz!

ethan did this a few months ago. he started sleeping through at about 3 months old (i know, lucky me!) and then all of a sudden, he started waking up at 2am again for a feed a few months ago. i asked the early childhood nurse at his 9 month checkup and she said it's perfectly normal. she said it's because as babies get more mobile, they need reassurance that you're still around no matter how far they get.

hmmm... it made sense at the time he still wakes up now but usually just drifts back off to sleep when i pick him up. i hope he starts doing the all-nighters again soon.. good luck!

we are SO at the clingy, whingy, fussy stage. Coco is suddenly never happy. WAnts to feed herself, or not eat at all, doesn't like the car, highchair, pram etc. Also wont let me out of her sight. If Im not around she's fine with others, but with me there, whinge city. She's 11 months old. xoxox