Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2005 #2

Default Babies Born November 2005 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    sherieb - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

November '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: dana_s
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 02/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: 3.27kgs, 54cms tall and head circ is 34cms
    Name: Ethan Andy
    Baby's website: none
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: right on due date! emergency c/s

Forum Name: BekZ
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 9/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.580 kg - Length 51- Head Circ -34.5
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Sara Ellyse
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    Generally a really happy little bub. Started walking on 5 October 2006 and is getting into every thing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Forum Name: Barbie-up
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 15.11.05
    Baby's Stats: 3595g (7lb 15oz) - 51cm long - 36cm head
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Alexander
    Baby's Website: none
    Health Concerns: a little jaundice at the start
    Notes:

Forum Name: rayray
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 21/11/2005
    Baby's Stats: 4640grams, 59cms tall and head circ 38cms
    Name: Milo Jay
    Baby's website:
    Health Concerns: slight jaundice at birth & first few days
    Notes: 1 week 3 days over, induced & birthed naturally - used gas.

Forum Name: Bumblebea
    Baby's DOB: 28/11/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.125kg, 58cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Tomas
    Baby's Website: see link in signature
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Tiggy
    Baby's DOB: 30/11/05
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl 1 boy and 1 girl
    Baby Name(s): Noah William & Ivy Hazel
    Baby's Website: see below but not updated yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 10 weeks early, currently in the NICU, emergency LSCS

Forum Name: Carrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 21.8.05 (but was due 7.11.05)
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 1445 gm (Length - Head Circ - not done due to prematurity)
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kyla
    Baby's Website: See signature
    Health Concerns: 11 weeks prem
    Notes: IVF baby born by emerg c-section at 28.6weeks. In hospital for 2 months
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Eddiesmom
    State: Ohio USA
    Baby's DOB: 11-9-05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -7lb11oz, 21inches at birth
    Gender of Baby: male
    Baby's Name: Eddie
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/eddieboy/
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: boredtassiemum
    State: Tas
    Baby's DOB: 9th Nov 05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4lb 13oz - 46cm - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Kiralee
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: was born 4 1/2 weeks early emergency c-section
    Last edited by christy; October 25th, 2006 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Removal of PPL's names that haven't posted since April 1st 2006

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Love

Yeah, good on Milo with the bottle, you must be soooo relieved.

Alex almost inhales his bottles and if you wait too long to give him cereal in the morning, he carries on ! He usually has 4 formula feeds, two solids and a breastfeed.

He had his 6 month weigh in last week and was 8.25kgs. I think I'll wait a bit longer before turning the car seat.

hi girls! gosh its been so long since i've posted or even popped my head in here to visit and/or update. i've just spent today catching up on the last thread and when i got to the end, it got locked! hehe.. so here i am

ethan is 6.5 months now is thriving incredibly! we had his 6 month check up on the 4th of may and he was 8.5kgs and 71cms tall. he's quite big compared to the babies we know, he's even grown bigger than his cousin who's 3 months older than him. it's funny considering johnny and i are both quite skinny, we don't know where he gets it from.

we started him on solids about 4 weeks ago and he absolutely loves it. he polishes of the whole 170g jar with rice cereal mixed in it! he current feeding routine is: 6am bottle, 10am feed, 12pm bottle, 4pm bottle, 6pm feed then a 9pm bottle - is this a lot? all of his bottles are 180mls and sometimes he drains it completely and is still wanting more.

we have already turned his car seat because his feet were touching the back of the seats. ethan really hates sitting in it though, he'll only stay put when he's asleep otherwise he'll kick and scream til we stop the car and pick him up. i know it's probably because we don't go out that much so he's not used to it.

ethan can now sit and is almost crawling. i think it's called the commando crawl as he'd slowly inching along, he just doesn't know how to lift his head up while he's doing it. and boy is he bouncy! sometimes i just wanna sit him on my lap but he'll push himself straight and then start bouncing! hehe..

great to hear everyone is doing really well. don't they just grow so fast?? i'm so amazed some days as my girlfriend gave birth to her baby boy last month and i don't remember ethan ever being that small!

gotta run! i can hear him stirring and i gotta catch him before he flips over and crawls off...

Milo has ATM 5 milk feeds per day. Yesterday he had 2 formula feeds and also had 100ml after his last breastfeed (and then had another go at the boob after that).

I've posted this in breastfeeding/bottlefeeding, but whats the largest bottlefeed your baby has had?

I'm worried after last nights effort that I won't have a bottle big enough, and will have to make up two.

I tried to start him on rice cereal, but it went straight through him.
    Do you think I can try giving him solids at the same time as I'm weaning him to formula/bottles?
    Mum thinks I should but I thought it might be a bit much all at once.

Barb and Dana - it's great to hear from you both and that your little one's are doing to very well! Both Ethan and Alex sound like big boys!
    Ray- I'm glad that Milo's doing well. I think that if it were me I would wait til Milo gets settled on the bottles before going onto solids.

Kyla has 4 bottles of about 240mls daily and one solid feed. She seems little compared to the other bubs - she was 6.8kg at her 6 month weigh in (8.5months in real age).

Dana- Ethan sounds like he's going so well, wow, sitting and commando crawling!

the most milk ethan has had in one go is 240mls. that was just before he started solids.. then with the introduction of solids, he went back down to 180mls. how is milo going with the formula now, rach? i agree with carrie about settling him on the bottle before going onto solids.. if he's anything like ethan, he'll be so unfamilar with the routine he won't take to anything.

carrie - 4 bottles of 240mls sounds like kyla is doing really well! does she drink that much everyday? i have a friend who's bub was 4 weeks premmie and she has a terrible time getting him to drink.

ethan had a really big dinner last night (he just kept opening up for more!)... and then he kept waking during the night. mum thinks it might be because he ate too much and had an upset tummy. so this leads me to wonder how much is too much? i heard from somewhere that he'll just push it away himself when he's had enough?

and also something else i wondered about going solid... i bought a jar of heinz baby food that was labeled 6months+, but the chunks inside were pretty big! are all of your bubs' still eating pureed stuff? i'm a bit worried to start on the chunky stuff in case it gets stuck in his throat.

Rachael - Nick once gave Alex two 200ml bottles one after the other, when I went out. He said he was hungry. Sometimes he has 200ml when he gets up from a sleep and another 100 before going back to bed. About the solids - I'd say give it another go.

I bought some fruit in a jar labelled 7-9 months and it was as runny as the 4month one. The fruit and vege meals I make are not as runny as the jar ones, not lumpy, but thicker. Also, Alex just wont open his mouth when he's had enough.

eddiesmom Guest

Default Hi, I'm new to baby buddies!!

Forum Name:Eddiesmom
    State:Ohio USA
    Baby's DOB:11-9-05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -7lb11oz, 21inches at birth
    Gender of Baby: male
    Baby's Name:Eddie
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/eddieboy/

Hi everyone, I'm new to babybuddies. My son Eddie is 6 months and he was born November 9th 2005. We live in the States. My sister told me about this site and I'd like to see what other babies his age are doing. Eddie's always on the move and he loves his jumperoo! We're working on solids everyday but he's not real interested. He eats between 4 and 5, 8 oz bottles a day and 1 solid in the morning, the solids are hit and miss somedays he loves them and others he wants nothing to do with it. He gets his 6 mo shots tomorrow, I'm gonna ask the DR. about it. He's getting his 2nd tooth in and handling it like a champ! Not too fussy with them..thank goodness. I'll talk to you all later.
    Last edited by eddiesmom; May 25th, 2006 at 10:29 AM.

hi eddiesmom! and welcome to bb! i'm sure you will love it in here, i got hooked within a matter of days and it's the best source of help and advice i found... not to mention the amount of support as well!

ethan is the opposite with his solids. he is always wanting to eat and some days he's not even interested in his milk. i often worry that he eats too much because he nevers pushes the spoon away and just keeps opening up for more. i think i need to ask my doc about that too.

eddiesmom Guest

Hi Dana, Thank you for the warm welcome!!! I went to the Dr. today and she told me to start him on stage 2 foods (which I dont get cause he's barely eating stage 1's) and told me to give him solids 2x a day whether he eats them or not. She said the stage 2 will help him with constipation but when I tried today he just didnt want them although he did eat 47 ounces in formula. I think his shots screwed him up today so hopefully tomorrow will be better with solids. Plus its really warm here right now so I think he was thirsty. Anyway gotta go makin dinner

Wow! This is the 3rd day I have tried to post in this forum! Theres something about bb that crashes my explorer session! I am hoping when I switch to broadband next month it will magically go away!

Hi Eddiesmom! Welcome to bellybelly!

Milo wasn't really fussed when I started him on solids either, and we're still just up to 1 solid feed a day, but will try 2 today (and pumpkin! he has just been on rice cereal up til now)and see how I go.

I think recommendations for solids vary form one country to another, so you might find people will be given different advice here than you'll get in the states - I say go with what is local and you health professional advises, and what feels right for you!

Other than solids, Milo usually has a breastfeed in the morning, and 3 formula feeds where he has about 160-240ml (5.5 - 8oz) and one of up to 320ml/11.5oz at night (yep he is a greedy guts at night time!)

He will probably start having a formula feed in the morning too, as my milk supply is rapidly dwindling since I have had to wean him.

I have found that he eats considerably less for up to 2-3 days after immunisations, and when he is teething. He has 3 teeth at the moment.
    I had planned to get his immunisations this week but he's had a cold, so I'm going to go next week instead.

Hi everyone and welcome Eddiesmom.
    Sorry - Didn't know that anyone had posted!
    Kyla also isn't that interested in the solids yet - some days she likes it others she clamps her mouth and she's never been a fan of the rice cereal. She also doesn't seem to like fruit either! I hate it when I make stuff and have to chuck most of it out - it feels like such a waste.
    Anyway - her first tooth is coming through atm and she's been a bit grumpy...doesn't really want to go to sleep etc. I also think she's getting a cold she's coughing and a bit mucusy- one of the mum's at MG's little boy had a cold. I think she should have told us prior rather than irisking all our bubs getting it - Am I being too harsh??
    Kyla loves chatting atm - dadada, etc and seems to be testing out different intonations - she'll yell it and say it angrily. Pretty cute.
    Hope you're all good and that bubs are good also
    Love Carrie

I think it would have been nice of her to tell you, but colds are something I think they're going to get anyway? Thinking about it though, she should have let you know, I mean what if it wasn't just a cold? It could have been something more serious.

Milo is just getting over his cold, which he got after 2 half days of creche! I'm preparing for him to have lots of them now..

At creche, the kids can all go with colds, as long as theres no runny nappies, temps & other more serious symptoms.

Hey Rach -
    You're starting work this week aren't you? Hope it all goes well.
    Baby colds are horrible - I feel so sorry for her, especially teething as well. Oh well - I suppose I can't keep her inside a little bubble! She also goes to gymbaroo and sucks on everthing she picks up - I suppose it'll be good for her immune system if nothing else!

hi carrie, rach and the rest of you MIA :P

i agree that it would've been nice of her to tell you about her bubs' cold. ethan caught the flu around his 6 month mark as well (though admittedly, he caught it from me) which made me postphone his immunisations for a while. i think its made his immune system a lot stronger though cause he got over it pretty quickly.. with the help of some dymatapp.

when did your bubs' start teething? i've been anticipating it for a while now but still no toothy bumps. ethan can crawl now though, very slowly but still very mobile. we have to start covering all the corners on the furniture as he drops his head quite suddenly when he feels like he's had enough.

he's also getting really grumpy when he's finished his solid feed.. cause he always wants more! so i was thinking maybe i should add in another solid feed in there somewhere. currently he getting one solid at 10am and one at 6pm... rach, it sounds like milo is quite an eater as well... do you keep giving him milk if it seems like he's still hungry for me? even if he's already had a lot?

Dana, sometimes at night he will have extra
    During the day, he is lucky to finish what is in his bottle, and will often have only about 100ml, then want the rest when it is naptime! So he'd only get what was leftover from the feed.
    I offer him solids twice a day, sometimes he is totally uninterested, and other time he loves it.

I think maybe he is having too many bottles though, to have 2 solid feeds as well, I'm going to ask about it when I see the paed. tomorrow.

Milo got his first tooth at 3.5 months, the secod a week after that, and has recently got another on Mothers day!

Hi Dana and Rach,
    Dana - This is Kyla's first tooth. WOW Ethan's crawling? It must be alot harder to look after him now though! I had a look at his web site - he looks absoluntly gorgeous!
    Kyla isn't rolling much yet and is quite happy to stay on her back so I try to ensure that she has tummy time frequently - she is getting more used to it, but always strains on her tummy.
    I took Kyla to the doctors today and it turns out that she has a virus and an ear infection - the poor thing. She didn't want me to put her down at all today - which was a bit hard. So she's on Amoxil and will hopefully get better soon!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast