Thread: Cold sore 15 month old

Default Cold sore 15 month old

Oskar and I have both just gotten over colds and now it looks like he has a cold sore on his top lip - just above - it was a bit of what looked like a red blotch the past couple of days and I thought maybe when he's had a runny nose it irritated the skin. However, now it looks like possibly a little cold sore. Does anyone know what I can do at all? Obviously he wouldn't be able to use cold sore cream right? Do I just have to leave it go and hope it clears up on it's own? I don't get cold sores but DH does so looks like Oskar does too. Thanks in advance

I personally wouldn't put cream on it, but I know from experience if they get painful (and bad ones can) or really itchy an icecube wrapped in a hanky/piece of thin cloth is really soothing. Not sure if Oskar will keep still for it or tolerate it though! It prob wouldn't be tingling now if it is visible and unless gets big and ugly wouldn't really hurt. Maybe just wait it out. It is probably worrying you more than Oskar! You could try some pawpaw ointment or lansinoh etc (something oily) on it so that it doesn't crack or dry out.

Thanks Deidre. We put a bit of Amolin on it last night and this morning as he gets a bit dry to one side of his mouth sometimes and it goes red and the Amolin helps it. Seems to look a bit better this morning so it's all good. It just had the cold sore blistery look to it yesterday.