Thread: conjunctivitis

Default conjunctivitis

Is there anything you can get to get rid of it???

When Kynan had conjunctivitis our GP gave us a prescription for some eye drops and it cleared up within a week. Check with your doc.

HTH!

Yep, there is a prescription eye drop you can get for bad cases and a milder non-prescription product that your pharmacist might be able to recommend... sorry don't know the names of them. I've seen so many bad cases after kids have had sand thrown in their eyes in sand-pits. Children also are more prone to it when they are generally 'run-down' or their immunity is compromised from other illnesses. It's incredibly contagious too so make sure you wash your own fingers after applying the drops.... sorry if you already know this! I've caught it myself off children that's all

Thanks guys - I got some nonprescription drops from the chemist and it seems to be working - looks like we're on the last bit tonight hopefully so if it's all gone tomorrow it will be resolved in 36hrs which will be nice. Yet one of those things that we got from daycare. It started doing the rounds two weeks ago and I thought we were going to be lucky and miss out but not to be.

I've been so worried about getting it myself - everytime I feel a slight sensation in my eye or go to rub it - I double take thinking I'm coming down with it - I remember hating it as a kid