Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A couple of questions regarding Grobags

Is there anyone going to Baby Bunting to get a sleeping bag yourselves, if you are can I be cheeky and ask could you also buy one for me and send it on, of course I`ll pay for it all Anything not too Girly would be okay and of course in his age group, he`s nearly 10 months.

Dee,

I just called them and they don't have any 6-18 month ones left. This would be the size you'd need

Sorry honey.

Thanks for going to the effort of calling them Rachel, I really appreciate it :flower:

Can I just ask, I bought a 0-6mth growbag today adn it looks HUGE. would I be able to useit past 6 months? I want to use it for winter and she will be 6 months then, but Im sure it will be big enough. xo

Your probably could Meg... unless she is a very, very tall girl! Aidyn was still fitting in his at almost 7 months (just!) and he was 97th percentile for height. They really are very roomy arent they!?

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sana
    They are expensive, but well worth the money.
    How much are they?

Also is "Grobag" a particular brand or something? I see that people are talking about using sleeping bags instead.

I have no clue about any of this!

Hey Fee,

Grobags are sleeping bags too, but there are alot of other types too. They are approx. $85 to buy new, but you can sometimes get them off ebay at about half price!! Also google grobags for more info on them. They have a website.

HTH

I got mine for $59 at babies galore. It's a 1.0 whatever that means (Im pretty clueless). It's great though, I love it and will just dress her warmer in winter xo

I`ve been a bit worried about the length of the bags, it says the 6 - 18 month bag is up to 86cms, Matthew was 79cms last month @ 9 months of age (he was off the charts for his length) so I`m wondering how long will this bag last him, he`s obviously going to outgrow it way before he`s 18 months. Is there another bag after the 18 month bag?

Dee - Is the actual bag 86cm long, or is it for kids up to 86cm long? Cause remember that the grobag doesnt cover their entire length, just shoulders to feet. Sorry if I misunderstood you there!
    There is an 18-36 month grobag as well, Aidyn was into his at about 17 months... he would have outgrown the 6-18 month bag right on time, and he is in the 97th percentile for height/length.

Ambah - Now I`m not sure but if Aidyn was in his till 17 months, Matthew might me in his till 16/17 months as well. It`s good to know how long Aidyn was in his since he`s a tall boy like Matthew.

Yep it sounds like Matthew should fit it in for another 6 or 7 months at least, until the end of winter, hopefully??

Thats what I was thinking too Ambah that hopefully he`ll see winter out in the 6 - 18 month grobag.

I just had a look at Aidyn`s MCHN checkups to compare length with Matthew - I see Aidyn was heavier then Matthew but Matthew is longer so I hope it will last through winter, oh well if not it will do bubs #2, it will not go to waste.

I remember seeing on the recalls site the living textiles were recalled so I make sure not to go for them on Ebay just in case they are one of those ones.

My daughter will not let me put covers over her, absolutely hates it so I bought a grobag. Never stopped her waking up for her 2 hour feeds but certainly kept her nice and warm. She never had many problems moving around in her grobag. A few months ago I bought her some curly tops which are similar, I don't like the side seams on them but otherwise they seem good she has a bit more trouble moving around in them even though they seem more roomy.

Even our summer nights are very cold here(I live in the hills) so she hasn't used her summer one much. One night it was so cold I found I had to add another layer on as she felt cold in her winter bag which was 3 tog.

As we keep our air con on to regulate temperature in our house at 24 degrees; I bought Maddy one of the fleecy Disney brand hot-pink Piglet sleeping bags. Bought the 000 size as she's only just 3 months and it looked huge. Not quite sure but think Im gonna have to go back and get a 00 for winterl not too bothered as it only cost $18 full price and I got it at the KMart 2nd item 50% off sales last week.

At the moment Maddy wears either a cap sleeved summer all-in-one or a singlet under it. As it gets cooler, I'll just go to a long sleeved cotton romper under it.

Regardless, the sleeping bag is the greatest invention for babies ever - behind the HAB of course! Maddy kicks off her blankets or pulls them over her head. Now we've had 4 great nights of sleep in a row because shes no longer startling herself awake!

What about with her arms beck? Coco seems to keep herself awake by hitting herself and sucking her fingers xo

I agree..

I have a 2.5 tog for Jack, and ATM he wears a singlet and a wondersuit under his Grobag. So I'm thinking when it gets colder, he'll have to wear more!!

I think he really likes being warm!!

He's 6 months and I bought the 6 - 18 months size. It might be good for you too, as Maya is 9 months. Jack is a big boy too, so he was in that size Grobag at about 4 months and I just folded the ends under and sewed them lightly, so I could easily undo them as he grew.

HTH :flower:

It was a freezing night here last night so I put Matthew into his bag for the first time, he slept for 12 hours :shock: I was in total shock, when he got up he was so warm.

I do have a problem with the sizing I brought one to do up to 18 months but it`s not long enough for him as he couldn`t stand up in it, so I`ll have to buy the 18 months plus size, having a tall child isn`t easy, it`s so hard to know what size to buy him.

It was wonderful but Mummy did worry all night if he was okay in it and not strangling himself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast