Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cradle cap

Dee that's an understatement about the smell. But you're right it did work well. If only DD hadn't played with the container I used to keep the soap in and filled it up with water. The soap broke down and disintergrated. And at $12 for the piece I had I'm not buying another one to be destroyed!

I just picked it all off with my fingernails while she was feeding. After a few days I got it all off and it never came back

Ivana - when i was at trade school (i'm a hairdresser) they said that you should use bicarb and oil together leave it on over night if you can - this way it gets down into the folical - its just a blocked subaceous gland that is causing it to crust - if you can unblock them completely it will not come. they themn said to use a face washer with warm water on it and rub gently over her hair. - the lady who told me this was rather old!! so it might or might not work - i've never had to deal with it before.

I used to just rub moisturiser into it and later give his head a good brush with a baby brush. Kynan also got it all across his eyebrows (which looked very funny!) and I did the moisturiser thing there too and just rubbed it gently with a face washer when he had a bath.

I tried all of the usual tricks but none really worked. The best was a belly belly idea (sorry I cant remember who's) to use Lush's Soap and Float. It worked brilliantly and within a week was gone never to return - plus it gives you a great excuse to go to their shops! Before that I tried oils, paw paw......everything really.

good luck.

I've never tried this, but I was told to buy some Evening Primrose Oil tablets and squeeze the oil on the affected areas. Worked for my SIL.
    Just thought I would add that one in....might come in handy one day for someone else.

Nic

OK.. every bath time, I've forgotten to put the bicarb on beforehand, so tonight while DH was running the bath, I grabbed some pawpaw ointment and rubbed a blob into the patch, washed it off in the bath, and it's gone! I was quite shocked actually! LOL.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12