thread: Curled toes -standing - 9 months

May 2007

Curled toes -standing - 9 months

Hi,

My 9.5 month old DS is commando crawling, never on his knees, but I'm thinking by this stage he should be able to start bearing weight on his legs. When we hold him to do this though, he seems to struggle a bit - with his toes curled up, he can bear weight for a short time but his knees will soon buckle.

Is this normal at this age? I know I shouldn't take notice of other babies as they're all different, but I have watched my Mums groups babies standing on their laps now for months. Is it time to be concerned?

May 2008
    ...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

as im sure you have heard from everywhere ''every baby does thing at different times'' im sure that soon enough he will pick up this skill. but if you are worried maybe talk to your MCHN, just to out your mind at rest!

Feb 2008
    Brisbane

My DD used to curl her toes while walking and still does. She started walking randomly around 11 months after looking like she wasnt going to for ages. They are quite an enigma

Jan 2004

Tanyah, my DS is only a couple of weeks older, and he is still commando crawling and only this week (or was it last week??) got up onto his knees for a few seconds then back down again after moving one leg forward. It's hard not to worry, or think about it too much, especially when we see other little ones similiar in age doing things that our bubba's aren't.
    He might just surprise you one day soon..