Thread: DD has flemmy cough?

Default DD has flemmy cough?

Hi All,

Avaleigh has had a bit of a flemmy cough for a few days now. She doesnt cough much, only a little in the morning and afternoon but you can here its a little flemmy. Other than that, she is fine, no runny nose or temp, is sleeping and eating fine.

Should we be going to the doctors? I dont really feel like we need to and I dont want to look like an overreacting mum!

Felix has had this just in the last week or so.

I took him to the Dr. who advised us to get some Dimetapp to dry us the mucous, as it was waking him lots at night.

She felt that the phelgm was either due to his teething or just a bit of a virus going around.

As soon as we started the Dimetapp (over the counter med.), the cough disappeared.

Just keep an eye on her veronica and if she seem's to be out of sorts, temp, runny nose, grizzly, pain, loss of appetite etc Then do get her to a Dr just to be safe.

It could just be teething symptoms, my niece gets a bit like it when she has teeth coming through.
    To help clear it up a bit maybe use a bit of Eucky Bear (baby vicks) and see if that helps.

Try not worry about being thought of as an overreactive mum, i worry about that to but its better to be safe than sorry iykwim.

Hope it clears up soon.

Yeh I thought that it might have something to do with teething. But yes I will get it checked out if it gets worse.

Oh and thanks for the dimetapp idea! I have got some too, never would have thought about it.