Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Your Baby Look Like Daddy?

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby looks very much like how I used to look as a baby. She definitely has my mouth, chubby cheeks and a dimple in exactly the same spot.

Most of our friend's babies look just like their Dads so I am amazed that Gabby looks so much like me. In saying that, the theory about why babies look like thier Dads (so that they will stick around) wouldn't work with Neil because he has a very low self-esteem. He thinks it's great that she looks like me, LOL.

So much for calling her "Little Nobba" while I was preggers.
    Still, her hair has light-red tinges so we will see!!

We got one of each !! And Alecia is a mixture (not of my current DP, but my ex... or donor as I call him)

Tanya

Jenna is the SPITTING image of her cousin born a month earlier. I show people photos side by side and its seriously scary how similar they are.

I was dead shocked when they showed her to me in theatre, Shane's family are very blond, red, freckles, and two of his other kids are very fair.
    When jenna came out she had olive skin, dark hair and gorgeous features - she is quite perfect, and doesn't carry her daddy's looks at all.
    Poor daddy.....

Fi

LOL - I guess that theory makes sense!

Both my bubs had definite features from their daddy obvious at birth.

Mason looked a lot like his Dad, but now we are thinking he is like his Grandfather than his Dad. With Angus the jury is still out though he has his Dads lips. Angus has olive skin which we think is a throwback to Maori from his Great Grandmother.

Some people said Nicholas looked like Rob others said he looked like me. Honestly I couldn't see either of us in him.

Isabelle and I are exactly the same - people were asking why I had pictures of her everywhere at my 21st, but they were me!
    Funny thing is, she has blue eyes (mine are green) and she is left handed (I'm not), and both are these genes are supposed to be recessive!

Mitchell looks exactly like my dad and my side of the family too, there is a running joke about his paternity as there is NOT ONE feature we can see from DP. He is tall, dark and ethnic looking, and DS is blond and blue eyed .We call DS Baby Bob when Dad comes to visit.

katanya Guest

Nope sorry Felix now looks like a blend but when he was born he was really like my family, like my Dad and my mum..most people say he's more me than DP

He has DP's chin, and his families HUGE blue eyes, but the rest is my family..

It's doubly cool for me as I was an only child and always wanted someone who looked like me

His personality is has the cheekiness of DP, no question who's son he is..

As for his slender frame, as we were both chubby bubs, we think he was swapped by the stork

jcm73 Guest

Molly's definately a half and half. I'm caucasian and DH is asian. She has certain features that are definately one or the other of us. DH's nose, my enormous toes and feet LOL! DH's chocolate brown eyes - YUM! Her skin tone is in between us too....yet people always say she's definitively one or the other of us, which we think is hilarious, because its just not true!

Default reply

Nyah and William look and still do look like DH, when Will came out he just looked like Nyah exactly, so I knew he'd look like DH, the only thing they have of me is the blue eyes, and the SMITH chin, pointy, poor things!!!!!!!!!! heheheheheh nooo just kidding they r gorgeous. O

Well i dot have a bub yet, but when my sister was born, she looked asian, and our family isnt asian, so she didnt look like Daddy at all.

My 4 kids all have DH's eyes and my pointy chin, mostly as they get older they look like DH. Esp DS, but dd no.2 has blue eyes like me and this makes her look a bit diifferent. DD 1 looked like me at age 5 but is changing.

All I know is they arew all the spit of each other at every age they look so alike nobody but me can tell them apart, I can even fool, DH and the grandparents.

Cheers michelle

To be honest I never really noticed who my babies looked like, I could never see any resemblance to either their dad or me!

However, now that they are older, Shannen is the spitting image of my Mum as a child, so I guess she takes after me and apparently my cousins DD and Shannen are twins, weird! She is blonde with brown eyes. Tayla is the spitting image of my sister as a kid, even down to her temper! But then again she also has blue eyes, like me, but she has brown hair.

Hayley is the spitting image of Shannen as a baby, comparing photos they are identical. Hayley still has the dark baby hair but her eyebrows are blonde, she has blue eyes, hope that they stay that way.

The only thing the girls get from Daddy is their height, they are all on the short side. Hopefully Hayley will be nice and tall!

My sons father is tall and blonde, and Isaac certainly has looked like him since birth. The odd thing is when DH (who is shorter with dark hair) and I are out with Isaac, people comment on how much he looks like his 'daddy'. I dont bother to correct them, lol.

LOL Nixie at the mix up.

My niece looks like her half brother, yet my SIL has always thought that her ds looked like his father. So if my niece looks like her ds then he must have a strong resembelence to her as well. LOL it is very strange.

My siblings and I were all different, 1 brown, 1 , blondish and 1 red haired, all blue eyed though and visually all different.
    Cheers Michelle

Okay I can answer this one now.

Matthew looks like his Daddy all over, even down to his second toe which is longer then his big toe, which comes from Mark`s father`s side of the family.

When Matthew was first born, I wasn`t sure who he looked like, even after BF him for 2 hours then just staring at him in total aww for at least another good 2 hours, I then dozed off and woke twice looking at Matthew and each time my immediate thought was your Mark all over.

The Midwives also commented on how much Matthew looks like his Daddy.

Take Care

Deeanne

Harry is so much like me. As soon as he was born my mum, who was there with me, took a look at him and said "It's Bon". She said he looked exactly like me when I was born and the next day when she visited me she had found a photo of me at a few hours old and it was almost identical!
    Grace definitely looks more like her daddy, but I can sometimes see myself in her and she does look at lot like Harry.

Default reply

The only thing my kids have of me is my dark blue eyes, and the pointy smith chin, everything else is their daddy?

My mum calls my daughter, Miss Hayden and says that coz Will, looks like Nyah, then naturally he'll also be like him!- Nice hey, at least they'll be tall!!! 8-[

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast