Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use a Ergo Baby Carrier?

Default Does anyone use a Ergo Baby Carrier?

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a ergo baby carrier and was wondering if anyone has one if they can tell me if they like it and if its easy to put on and put bubba in? I want to go out to Baby Bunting this arvo and get one.

Thanks!
    Floss xx

I have one for this baby but am yet to use it as I was already pg when I got it so I couldnt try it out on DD. One of the girls in my baby group from when DD was born uses it ALL the time and really likes it. As for ease to put on, I think like anything after a bit of practice it should be fine. It does come with an instructional DVD to help you.

Very easy to use - 2 clips (waist and between the shoulders) then the 2 shoulder straps to tighten. Easy to put the baby in plus the instructional DVD makes it even easier.

I've seen them in action and am interested myself. Let me know what you think!

Obviously my bub is much bigger than yours though

I saw a lady with a bub around 6mths using one at the local shops, it was really cute, the baby was on her back and holding onto the straps. I want one!

Good thread Flossie - I am also thinking about getting an ergo and will be interested to see what people think of them. I saw a lady with one on the other day and it looked so light weight and she said it was really easy to use.

love mine and baby bunting have them for $124 at the moment

oooh ooooh! Will have to drop by Baby Bunting and get one tomorrow!!

Did you end up getting an Ergo Flossie?

Personally as great as the ergo is after reading about their business practices recently in the news I wouldnt buy one but thats just me. If you want a really funky alternative soft structured carrier like an ergo you might like to google babyhawk or beco carriers they are just awesome!!! the fabric choices are amazing and the reviews on the babywearer forum are fantastic for them both.

Melbel - what business practices?

Have an ergo and love it - can use it for either of my two and is comfy for use on back or front (can use on hip also but haven't got round to trying that yet). They are so comfy and make them feel so light that you can walk for ages in them.

Hadn't heard about any dodgy business practices though - would be interested to know.

Julie x

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post about it here but if you go to the babywearer website in the business section there is 41 pages on it.

But in a nutshell they have been using intimidatory tactics and issuing legal notices to anyone in the US who makes soft carriers and to anyone who stocks their product and also stocks competing products they have been issuing legal notices against them. As well as pulling all their stock out of these stores they have been claiming x amount of dollars per carrier as well which is illegal. Because most of these retailers and othe rmanufacturers are Work at Home type businesses they donthave the financial resources to fight what iare actually illegal practises so they pay up. I dont like intimadatory tactics form anyone so I wont buy their product.

well i registered on said website and read 27 pages of the thread (sorry... lost the will to carry on after that) and from my take on it, no one has any concrete proof of anything and alot of people are getting really worked up without knowing facts. If it's true then that would be pretty poor but it doesn't detract from the ergo being such a great carrier (IMO).

Julie x

i have an ergo and i love it ... the polotics dont really bother me , as i have one now and thinks its great .. but if i had known beforehand.. maybe id 2nd guess ... but its great for my needs and its the best carrier i have bought ..

Hi girls,

Well I did buy one and thought the concept was great, if only my little princess would think the same thing...put her in it to give it a go and she cried. So I thought I would wait to DH got home as I wasn't sure if I was doing it the right way and she cried again. So I took it back...and got the Baby Bjorn. We think she didn't like her legs spread so far apart.

But she is happy in the Baby Bjorn..but I am going to check out the Babyhawk and Beco now...

Thanks girls

Flossie are you talking about the legs being spread far apart in the Baby Bjorn or the Ergo?

If it's the Ergo then I'm a bit concerned that you were sold one for a newborn without the newborn insert. Put my mind at rest please! The newborn insert is like a cradle and they lay in it instead of being upright and legs splayed like an older baby.
    I'd be having a go at whoever sold it to you if that is the case!

Flossie - the ERGO is not recommended for under 4 months due to the leg position. Oscar is nearly 5 months and he is just ready for it - a couple of weeks ago it wouldn't have suited him at all. The newborn insert should be used before then, which is why I used the HAB and the old style Baby Bjorn until then. I still use the BB to face him forward. The ERGO will be fantastic for when he gets bigger and I can carry him on my hip and back too which I can't do with the BB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast