Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing Kids Alike.

Default Dressing Kids Alike.

Not sure if there is already a thread on this but just wondering what everyones thoughts are on dressing kids in the same or similar clothes?

I have 2 girls and often look at some of the outfits and think ohhh wouldn't it be cute if they had that in DD1's size too or vice versa.

I bought matching 1 :heart: daddy suits for the girls when Z was born, they were also given matching Super Baby tops from a family friend and have often worn them at the same time.
    The other day i found some Mini Mango Flanny shirts and thought what the hell and bought them 1 each.

I am going to put them both in them with jeans today, do you think it's ok to do this if your kids aren't twins?

I think its cute to put them in the same things. I find it more weird when parents dress their kids the same everyday and even more weird/not ok when mothers dress their daughters the same as themselves. When I see mummy daughter twins it really makes me think what is going on in your head woman?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. But I don't like it LOL. They're individuals, and I would dress them separately (twins included) It can look cute, but I dunno.. something about it I just don't like.

But that's just me!

I used to do it all the time when we went out. If I liked something & it was in both sizes I bought it. If not I'd find something else.
    These days DD1 would shoot me, but every time I buy them something they winge that the other got the 'better' one, so I try to get everything similar, but not the same iykwim. The same but different colours or something.
    I personally think they look so cute dressed the same when they are little

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

I realised with horror the other day that DD and I had almost left the house is basiacally the same top (same colour) i went home and changed! Thats too wierd! Im not keen on dressing twins in the same clothes all the time, i think i takes away thier own identity, especially when they are older. But the same top every now and again is probably quite cute! But thats just my opinion.
    I used to look after twins ages ago and the mother used to dress them identically, i could never tell them apart! maybe thats why i dont like it LOL

DD1 (9) and DD2 (18 months) have some matching clothes - they both love it

I often dress the girls in similar colours (most of the time without even realising it!) but I don't tend to dress them identically. Just my opinion, but I like them to be individual. I think buying the same thing in different colours is ok, but exactly the same would weird me out if I did it to my kids. Just being totally honest I could do it though I guess, because even though they are 15 months apart, they look totally different, one with dark hair and one with blonde hair.......hmmmmmm You do whatever you want to. You're their mumma and you dress them in whatever you like while you can!

it kind of annoys me when it is ALL the time. especially with twins, because i just think they are the same it many other ways they should be able to express themselves differently. there is a family at day care who dress their identical twins exactly the same all the time. they have the same cuddle toy, the same sheets and same pillow case, same bag etc. i think it is probably easier to just buy 2 items when you have twins. maybe that is why they do it. having said that, i usually dress my girls in the same outfit or same outfit different colour when they are in special photos or on special occasions. my older girl really likes it.

Hi Zavara,

My eldest 2 boys are 16 months apart and I would sometimes dress them the same, it tended to be mainly in the nicer outfits as I would want to buy them and then think I can't buy it for one and not the other. The boys are now, nearly 5 and 3/12 and I find they are acutally in the same size clothes as No 2 is a big boy, I end up buying 2 of a lot of things as there are tantrums if one hasn't it and the other hasn't. I don't thinki it isn't letting them be individuals, my eldest certainly has a strong opinion on what he will or won't wear.

Also sometimes without realising it I will dress them both the same, eg navy tracksuit pants and red jumper (different jumpers just same colours) without even realising what I have done

Sometime we do this... not the same but similar. Like if we are going to a party then we will all wear jeans and a nice top... not matching but similar!

Today is my brothers wedding and I got the girls a very similar outfit...actually the same but different colours. DD1 is wearing a white skivvy with a pink pinafore and pink leggins. DD2 is wearing a white skivvy with the same pinafore but in purple and white tights. I dont do this often, but because we are going out to a church, I thought it would be nice. Generally they dress like me... in trackies and jumpers!

As for dressing the same all the time, I'm not into that. It is about individuality. Plus DD1 loves pink so she choses her colour and dd2 looks better in purples and yellows!

On the odd occassion we have all gone out in stripes.... and it was unintentional and when I realised that we all looked the same... it kind of felt silly!

Noone is even close to the same in this house. We each have our own colours - when we move to a bigger house we really need new towels so I'm going to get us all different colours of towels too lol

DD#1 is pale pink.
    DD#2 is lime green and yellow.
    I am brown and olive.
    Partner is purple and hot pink.
    Baby is, so far, blue and grey (with a lot of leftover green and yellow).

DD#2 is getting extremely good at sorting the washing out into piles of who owns what

Like you Kitten, my 2 loved it when DD 10yo and DD 1 yo had the same jacket...awww too cute.

I haven't ever seen the mummy-child matching combo though !

I'm not a fan of dressing kids in the same clothes. Occassionally it's ok I guess but it's just not for me. Why not the similiar outfits but different colours - KWIM?? I guess I just don't get it.

The girls are wearing the same top today and it really is basically a once every now and then thing, even with the same tops they don't always wear them at the same time.
    They ARE individuals and i am sure will have very different personality's but at this age i guess i'm not worried, just thought i would see what others think.

my mum did it with me and my sister and were 4 years apart and if she couldnt find stuff matching she would buy matching colours my grandma joined in too

I have hats that match my girls and bandannas ............. We even have matching baby carriers LOL!

It's all a bit of fun - it's never a whole outfit or anything like that, the girls have a couple of matching skirts and t-shirts, the rest of the out fit is different........

Not a fan here - at all, ever, especially for twins though ergh! lol

Would never dress my kids in the same clothes to wear out in public - mum used to do that to us - although usually different colours of the same outfit - I got pink, my sister got blue - with EVERYTHING and drove us both spare.

I'm not a fan either. I know so many kids that had it done to them as little'uns and absolutely despise their parents for doing so.

Having a boy and a girl often we'll do complementing outfits but never close enough to be the same iykwim?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast