Thread: Dribble Rash!!

Default Dribble Rash!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear up dribble rash??

My son has a bad case of it under his chin and neck due to dribbling non stop =P~

I'm using Curash powder on it ATM and that seems to be drying it out, but wondered if I should be using cream or anything else??

Thanks

aww poor jack!!

hope het gets his teeth real soon and he stops dribbling for ya.

p.s HEY JACK!! :smt039

I found the Gaia Soothing lotion to be good for dribble rash etc, it is healing, but also provides a barrier. It smells nice too.

Yeah I think my sister used a barrier type cream, so the dribble kind of didnt get to tough his skin as such...

Hmm, Not sure what it was though??? Poor Jack.... Hugs from Indah!

Kynan got a shocking dribble rash on his chin when he was teething. I put Lansinoh on it and it cleared up within a day or 2.

Thanks girls..... :flower:
    I've got a little tube of Lansinoh I got in a baby showbag, so I'll try that and I might also get some Gaia soothing lotion too.

I knew you girls would be a big help!!

back to u Indah!!

And :wave: 2 Danni!!

We used baby soberlene cream for Matthews rash.

try sweedish bitters cream - if you can get it anywhere . Otherwise you can make it.

To make it - its 6 mls of sweedish bitters (not the one you drink - but the one you get from the health food shop) to 50grams of Calendula cream ( also from the health food shop).

i swear by it to heal up anything like a rash - etc. I used it on my son's mouth where he kept on licking and caused it to go all red and dry, and by the next morning, it was all gone.

Hubby also swears by it for chaffe etc.

I also doesn't taste nice so they don't tend to lick it off, but if they do- it is not harmful. This is something you have to watch when you put any commerical barrier creams near kids mouths etc.

hope this helps!

Just to add to the mix, I found that paw paw ointment was really effective. The best sort is from the Health Food Shop, it is called Simmons Paw Paw Salve I think. It is not petroleum based.

Hi girls, his rash is stilll there and I've tried Lansinoh and some other baby facial barrier cream too. So I went to the chemist today and got him to look at it and he gave me some cream called Clonea, which is an antifungal skin cream. And also to try and keep it dry!!! (Easier said then done with my dribble monster!!)

Brooke, Charlotte's doesn't sound as bad as Jack's case, but the Lansinoh might work as a barrier to the skin. I'm sure it's fine to use cause I used it on my nipples too and didn't rub it off either.

Not sure about the sorbolene or anything thats perfumed, but maybe you could use some Sudocream or other nappy rash cream.

Mainly trying to keep it dry is the key I think!!

My whole washing is full of soaked bibs ATM

pawpaw ointment is great to use for rashes and as a barrier i tended to just use cornflour rather then baby powders too as i found the scent in alot of them pretty overpowering ... i hope it has cleared up now calendula is also a great natural ointment with healing and also antifungal properties

though i think all of the above have been mentioned already

Melinda Guest

We used bepanthen (available in supermarkets in the baby section)! It worked a treat - soothed and healed the rash and provided a barrier also.