Thread: drinking bath water

Default drinking bath water

DD has started drinking the bath water from her container type toys!! i suppose it isnt that bad for her but i hate her doing it. it is after all dirty water with soap in it. is there any way to stop her?

lol i kwym .. ds sucks the water out of the washer ... its yuck ... i dont know how to stop it .. but i guess less soap if your worried about it ... or switch to a natuural brand so chemicals arent going in ...

hth ..

How old is your dd? My DD has recently started doing this also (she is 19 months) i really cant find a way to stop my DD doing it but dont see it as a major issue as i use very little soap etc as she has very senstitive skin. If it bothers you that much could you bath her in water 1 day no soaps and let her do as she pleases and maybe a shower the next with soap and shampoo's etc. I go to playgroup with a girl who does this for the same reason. IMO i dont think it will really harm them esp if you are using baby and childrens products etc but the thought isnt nice is it?

my little man loves a good chug of bath water...I use an organic range of baby bath, which Im sure is a bit better...but he also likes to chew on those little black lawn beetles

My boys both drink the bath water, suck the face-washer etc. They drink pool water when we swim too, which worries me more - can't stop it though! I figure that they all do it, we probably did too as babies, so it can't do too much harm.

DD is almost 3 and she still does this. Mostly out of those bath toy cups. So what i do is when she asks if she can drink it i get her to tip it out and then I turn the cold tap on and let her fill it up with clean water and she can drink that. It satisfies her at least.

DS does it too. No matter how I try he does it so I've given up trying. DH (it sounds) is almost encouraging it when he give DS a bath! LOL

DD is nearly 2 and she still does it. I make sure I wash her last. I let her play and wash her just before we are finished. I also regularly soak the bath toys in disinfectant and I make sure they are put out to dry after each bath.

I'm glad to hear everyone else's little ones all do it too! Em does it & I'm always amazed by how much she drinks! LOL. But I've never worried too much about it. I don't use a lot of product in the bath though.

My 4 and 2 yr old do this and i find it revolting but have given up telling them not to

I tell them it might have pee in it LOL.. it doesn't stop them for long. I figure it hasn't made them sick yet

I think it's one of the 5 baby food groups......dirt being another one.

My DS does it too. We use the Gaia range of baby products so it doesn't have nasty chemicals in it but there's always the chance of pee being in there which isn't a nice thought.....

I have heard that you are immune to your own urine as it is a product of your body, so them drinking the water if they have weeed in it isnt as bad as drink it with the soap.

Our DS has been doing that for a long time...at least 6 months anyway... I dont' know how you'd stop it happening but I have started keeping a sippy cup of water in the bath with him so he can drink that if he's thirsty... doesn't stop it altogether but it does slow him down.