Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Drinking Challenge #3

Default Water Drinking Challenge #3

You can continue to chat here. Please feel free to join in at any time - whether it be needing to drink more for upcoming IVF, or just for general wellbeing.

How to drink more water every day

1. Determine how much water you need. You've probably heard the "8 by 8" rule--drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day (1.8 L)--but the amount of water a person needs varies depending on his or her weight and activity level. A better way to determine your specific recommended water intake is to divide your weight in kilograms by 30 (ex. somebody weighing 70 kg is going to need 2.3 litres per day).

2. Measure your daily intake of water. Do this for a few days. If you find that you're drinking less than the recommended quantity, try some of the following tips.

3. Carry water with you everywhere you go in a bottle or other container. Before long, you'll find yourself reaching for it without a second thought.

4. Keep a glass or cup of water next to you whenever you'll be sitting down for a long time, such as when you're at your desk at work. Drink from it regularly as you're working.

5. Try wearing a digital watch that beeps at the beginning of each hour. Use that as a reminder to pour yourself a glass of water. Vow to drink that water before the next beep. If you drink only one small (6 ounce or 180 ml) cup per hour, you'll have consumed 48 ounces (1.4 L) by the end of an 8-hour workday.

6. Get a water purification system. Purified water tastes very good and may help make drinking water more appealing to you. Be aware, though, that as you grow accustomed to purified water, you may find that tap water leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

7. Add lemons or limes to your water, it makes it taste better and makes you want to drink more of it. Be careful not to make it too sour, just a splash of sourness should do the trick. Some mint leaves can be added to a pitcher of water which should be allowed to sit overnight. These are cheap alternatives to the bottled flavoured water.

8. Eat water rich foods, such as fruits like watermelon, which is 92% water by weight. Blend up some seedless fresh watermelon flesh with some ice and place a few sprigs of mint (optional) - one of the most refreshing drinks, especially for the summertime. Cranberry juice is also another option, and has a bitter taste. It is advised to patients suffering from urinary infection caused by insufficient intake of water to drink cranberry juice and watermelon if not plain water everyday. A tomato is 95 percent water. An egg is about 74 percent water. A piece of lean meat is about 70 percent water.

9. Try exercising more to cause yourself to be thirstier and therefore drink more water.

Google Water Tracker ~ to add to your google homepage.

Your Previous thread left off here
    Last edited by {sarah}; August 7th, 2007 at 07:43 AM.

I've been filling up a litre bottle in the morning so I can watch closely & when I have my coffee I just fill a normal cup up so I don't count it. Today I've had 2litres so far, but it is 28 and I've been on a walk today.

I'm only up to 750ml so far! Lots of catching up to do for me this afternoon!

1.1L yesterday

on my 3rd 750ml bottle, so will be 2.25L by the time I leave work this afternoon
    I even remembered to take it home with me so that I could be sure to drink at least 2L on the weekend.

1.2L today

This is something I should deffinatley put some effort into! It's been around 25 here today and full sun and I went on a 2? hour walk so I've been mindful of my fluids intake but on a regular day I probably don't get nearly enough.

I think I can safely say I've had at least 1? litres today and perhaps pushing 2 but I'll aim at 3 big glasses before the day is through.

2.7L yesterday for me

Yesterday I made it to 2L. Am trying to beat that today!
    For some reason I am finding it a lot harder this week than last.

It goes in waves doesn't it Ray. I made 3L yesterday but was struggling to do more than 2.1L for most days last week.

Hi Girls

Yesterday was 2.4L for me, so far today I'm up to 1.8L..
    Its so hard when its cold outside... imagine how great we'll all be once the warmer weather comes!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Here's another interesting link you might want to add - this site has a hydration calculator and tells you how much water your body needs, but you need to know your weight in pounds: http://www.bottledwater.org/public/hydratio_main.htm
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

1.1L again today

paradise lost Guest

LOL Kel,

That site says on my running days i have to drink 4.1litres! Not a chance!

Bx

2.25 so far for me ladies!

4.1L OMG Bec!

I've been going pretty well, even had the ladies at the BB dinner on Saturday night filling up my glass LOL! Only up to 1.6L today though so far.

i've been a shocker with this the past week or so - and i've noticed it! really good on work days, but weekends and days off (which i've had a couple) just can't motivate myself (even with a bottle of water next to me!)

have just filled the pump bottle for the second time today, so hoping i can get through that before bed....

oooh nearly up to 2L so far today, looking good!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast