Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dropping comfort feeds at night

This thread has made me feel so much better cause I realise I'm not the only one with a baby that wakes up every 2 hours. I don't mind feeding him and I am NOT switching to formula but I am getting so tired and my PND is flaring up again. DH is no use, he gets angry if his sleep is disturbed at all and as he gets up at 4.30am to go to work its not an option for him to go to him. The clinic sister wants me to go to Tresillian for 5 days but a) I hate the sound of it b) I have no one to mind the girls from 5am when DH leaves and if I leave them alone they will kill each other LOL. Oh well, at least i got to whinge to people who understand LOL.

That's what we're all here for Christine! hehe

Are you able to co-sleep with Riley? Perhaps even in another bed so as not to wake your DH? That way you don't need to wake up as much to feed, it's a real sleepy feed then. A few nights like that might help you get on top of things? We haven't had problems with co-sleeping becoming a habit or anything.. I'm still able to put Tallon down in his cot. But co-sleeping is useful in so many ways, especially with breastfed bubs, and teething and sickness... the list goes on

Tallon woke every 3hrs for many many months.. it's only the last maybe 2 or 3 months that we're gettiing longer stretches of sleep at night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12