Thread: Dummy Sterilising - Microwave

Peach Guest

Default Dummy Sterilising - Microwave

I need to find an orthodontic dummy brand that can be sterilised in the microwave. I have bought 3 different brands and on the instructions inside the sealed packet it says DO NOT MICROWAVE STERILISE! I am getting annoyed why cant they put this on the outside of the packet! Any suggestions would be great!
    Jen

Im not much help here hun - just wanted to let you know that Im not sure any are able to be microwaved as damage can be done to the rubber and then it weakens and bub can choke on it. I used to simply boil a kettle and pour water into a bowl and just kept dummies in there for her. Seemed to work ok, and now that shes older and EVERYTHING goes in her mouth, I dont sterilise a huge amount of anything anymore! Kept clean yes - sterilised no!

I'm with Tan - I just boil the kettle and pour the boiling water over the dummies.
    If you're really concerned, just put them in a pot of boiling water for 5 mins while you're making dinner each night.

I used to boil them in a little saucepan too.

I do the same, when I boil the water for the bottles I just pop some into a bowl & chuck the dummies in.
    However if you do want one you can microwave the Avent Dummies can be put in the microwave, we just had a clear one first up....not sure about the one's with pics on them.

Yeah I never had a proper steriliser. Just used either the milton tablets or boiled everything. I've had a microwave one given to me new for the next one, so I'll see how it goes.

Peach Guest

I have done the boiling water way and I have ruined 2 pots and 6 dummies because of my mummy brain I forget its on the stove
    Tan if your not sterilising izzys anymore I might just pour boiling water over them and put them in a sealed sontainer. I don't want my DD to choke because of degrading plastic...
    Thanks for your help everyone
    Jen

Peach Guest

Just thought I'd let anyone who is reading this thread know that Heinz baby basics dummies can be microwave sterilised!

just thought id let you know that the hospital told me not to bother sterilising dummies so i never did, and Archie didn't ever get any bugs til he was over 12 months. i know a lot of mums like to sterilse still though, just thought id put it out there, you decide

Oh YAY!! You had me worried for a minute there because I never read the instructions and were microwave sterilising her dummies. Thankfully I've got the heinz ones. I might even stop now that she doesn't stop shoving everything in her mouth.

Peach Guest

I just like to sterilise if they have been on the floor all day or lost in betwen the couch seats .. iykwim .. places yukky .. our dummies get thrown everywhere!