Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Shower

Question First Shower

How old was your bub when you first took them into the shower with you?
    Sophia loves her baths, but I was thinking of seeing how she likes the shower. I'm not sure if she's old enough though.

We took Maggie into the shower when she was about 3 months old, no real reason why we didn't do it earlier, we just started as it was easier when we were away at that time. Just take it slowly, make sure it is not too hot and the water not coming out too hard. There was a stage where Maggie preferred showers over baths, often she would have a great nap straight after a shower. Have fun!

About 4 weeks, we stayed somewhere that didnt have a bath, so I chucked em in with Dad.

DD was about 2 or 3 weeks, I think. We gave her showers pretty much from then until about 6 months, then switched back to baths as part of a new bedtime routine. Now we only give her a shower if we're in a hurry and all need to get washed To be honest though, I don't think it makes much difference to our DD whether she has a shower or a bath.

mummymeegs Guest

We had DS in the shower from about 2 weeks. It was just so handy to put him in with DH (I couldnt do it!! He was too slippery and I was terrified that I would drop him!)

I took both the boys n at just a couple of weeks old - sometimes its easier to have a shower together than run the bath.

We took Tori in the shower from about a week or so old, and she loves it. I find that it is just as relaxing for her as a shower. She also has baths every now and again because I dont want her to forget what they are like but we shower her most nights. I think it is a nice bonding experience and some skin to skin time for her and DH.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i saw a baby carrier for swimming, so if that's designed to get wet, you could probably use it in the shower also (if you're worried about dropping the bub).

Thanks everyone.
    I'm thinking I might try her in the shower tonight when DF is home, so I have him there to help if she hates it.
    Fingers crossed she likes it, because I think it will be so much easier than running a bath every night.

Matilda had a head cold at 2 weeks old and we would have showers with her to help alleviate the sinus pain.

Now at 2 she is refusing baths and insisting everynight on a shower with daddy. Which is fine by us, it saves water.

angelfish Guest

George didn't like the shower until he was 2. Milly had showers from 10 days old, loved it from the start. I'd just take Sophia in the shower and see how she reacts. It's easiest to do it when you and her dad are both there, at least to start with, so you can carefully hand her in and out, with no delay in drying her afterwards.

We first too k Lucy in at 10 weeks old. She loved it, and still does :-)

We took both of our boys in the shower at a couple of weeks old, Nick loved it and prefers showers over baths, but Ryan loves his baths

Indah hated the shower initially (not as much as maddy still hates them though!)
    but now she screams when we take her out of the shower... She also screams when we lift her out of the bath too!!!

Sammy was only a few weeks old when he had his first shower. While he mainly has baths he still loves having showers every now and then.

Jo

I think Mackenzie was about 6 weeks old. It was so scared as they are sooooo slippery when you are both wet! We used a face washer to help hold her.

I was just about to suggest to try a terry towelling nappy over your chest or something similar to help with the sticky factor. Makes a huge difference for a smaller baby.
    I think we started about 6-8w in the shower? Can't remember, but it was pretty young. She now has at least one shower a day - every night with Dad and sometimes in the morning with me if I neeeeeeed a shower and she wont let me out of her sight.

NewmumLou Guest

I havent taken Josh in the shower yet as it would be eaiser once he starts to hold his head up by himself! I think around 3 months i will start.
    FLETCH .... I am Raes sister in law... i saw u and Zane at Elles bday party! How are you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast