Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Shower

Well Sophia had her first shower last night and she loved it. Except that she didn't want to get out, she screamed at her dad when he took her to dry and dress her
    She settled really well afterwards and slept well, so I think it will definately become a part of her bedtime routine.

lucysmummie Guest

lucy came in the shower with us at about a wk old she LOVES the shower its so funny cause she sits up against daddys chest and licks the water... she is so cute!!! definatly a mummies girl cause id live in the shower if i could! lol

Like many of the others here, DH started having showers sometimes with Jack when he was quite young (can't remember exactly, prob just a few weeks old). Jack has always loved both baths and showers. He usually has a bath on weekends and days I don't work. The days I work Jack is usually really tired when we get home, so we do dinner and he goes straight to bed, then has a shower with DH in the morning. He loves this and it makes life a bit easier in the evenings!

Melanie

I think it was probably about 6 weeks for Emma (you reallly do forget everything you don't write down!!!!) & she went through a phase of HATING bath time, so the shower was a godsend!! She still loves it now!

I handed her to DP in the shower the first time we had a dirty nappy that went all the way up her back - I couldn't see how we could clean her otherwise!! She would have been 6-8 wks. No probs with her, but we've only done it a couple of times since (same reason, that's what you get with a baby who saves up the dirty nappies!).

Zac had his first shower at 4 months. Now he will only have a shower! He loves to stand directly under the water & if DH or I are standing in his way he pushes us over!
    No body can have a shower now with out him bashing on the door!

Niall was only a few days old when he had his first shower... he almost fell asleep! He still loves having them and I agree it's much better to give a shower when they are really pooey... better than having them soaking in it (you can't wipe every bit off) and I think it also saves water. We've actually had less "slipping scares" during showers than during baths with our 3 children so I think it's safer. It's also a nice team effort between my DH and I There's a picture of Niall's first shower on his web site too!

I think Kaitlyn was about 6weeks...and she LOVED it...still does!. Anything to do with water and she is there...summer is going to be a blast I can tell!.

Cass

Bella was about 6 weeks I think when I put her in with her dad. I found it so much easier and plus I wanted to make it a time they could bond together a bit more.

It got to a point that for a few months she only had showers so when I tried to put her back in the bath she got scared. But these days its about 50/50 split.

shampagne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mummymeegs
    We had DS in the shower from about 2 weeks. It was just so handy to put him in with DH (I couldnt do it!! He was too slippery and I was terrified that I would drop him!)
    Hehehe same here, with DS1 he was abt 2months, told DH he had to do it coz I was too scared of the slippery factor!! With DS2 he was abt 4wks - he's a high risk for urinary tract infections and paediatric surgeon told us baths pose a higher risk for infection (for boys, not sure abt girls). So he strictly has showers only, again with DH! Took DS2 once and I didn't move the whole time, DS2 came out just as grotty as when he went in.

shampagne

Hi, We took Jett into the shower after about a month, it was suggested to me by my MCHN. It was quick and something we can do together.

I waited to take Abby till just last week! (8 months)! She is such a slippery little bugger when wet, I was afraid I would drop her! She was a bit scared at first but then liked it and liked to hear the echo of her voice, so we both ended up singing in the shower! lol!

Fee Guest

DH has been curious about this topic. He is wanting to take Cooper in the shower. He'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. I'll tell DH that any age seems to be okay according to this thread.

Oscar went it for the first time last week, just because we'd missed a couple of bath nites and DP was in the shower so I put him in - 2 and a half months, then. He could have gone in sooner, but we just got into the habit of running a bath and having Daddy Bath Time. It's less of a production going in the shower, although the last time (2 nights ago) he started off ok but ended up screaming. But then again, he had been windy and upset for a few days, so he might be better tonight

DH had him in the shower at 2 weeks - Ethan loves it and so does dad - just watch out they're slippery when you soap them up!!!

I had a shower with Caleb the other day. He loved it!

muma Guest

lachlan was 10weeks old and he had shower and he loved it. his now 12 weeks and has only had 2 since i give him bath everyday and he sometimes hops in shower with daddy

Pippalotta Guest

Both Liselotte and James have used the shower regularly with me or their daddy since birth. Certainly more difficult when they are tiny but it is so efficient these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12