Thread: Forgive me, but... it's one of those days.

Cool Forgive me, but... it's one of those days.

Ok, forgive me for what I'm about to say, but it really has been one of those days and I just need to get this out there.

I have spent the entire day saying "No, don't touch that". I have had a full on tantie in the shops, a small child- my small child- hit me and bite me when I picked them up to stop them running hysterically round while pulling clothes off a rack. I've been screamed at, laughed at; and clung to the point where I can't go to the bathroom alone.

Don't get me wrong, i love my little man so much it takes my breath away. But some days, like today, I wish he wasn't so curious, so intelligent, so damn quick. He just has so much energy- he goes, goes, goes from the time he wakes till the time he crashed into bed (and, no, I'm not feeding him too much sugar- that's just the way he is).

He's the ultimate baby-proof test- believe me, your house is not baby proofed until my ds has been through it. I go to the houses of the girls in my mother's group and they say "Oh, it's totally baby proof". Believe me, until the little pork chop has puched every button, pulled every cord, ran down every hallway and slammed every door (and woken up your sleeping dh ), you just don't realise how many things there are in your house to touch!!

Bless him. One day, he will be a creative, exubarant, vivavcious, intelligent man who will move mountains and create a thousand smiles on people's faces. That is, if his mother doesn't strangle him before he grows out of toddlerhood

**And yep, I know it's only going to get worse as he gets older and I haven't seen anything yet That really isn't what I need to hear today.

I hear you. We have so many safety gates in our house. He can climb anything, smear anything, spin anything, tear anything, unplug and re-plug anything, switch anything on and off, throw anything, eat anything....

I hear you.

No advice from me Lorirae just hugs for you hun hope your day gets better soon xxx

Hearing you. Feeling your pain. Sharing the experience

rhyb Guest

Sending hugs your way and hoping pork chop calms down for mummy. DS is getting like that and he's only 9 months!

just think tomorrow can only be better or worse. but not the same

I love curious children. Jacob is like that.. so stubborn yet so curious.. While it can be so darn frustrating I love that part of his personality as I know as he gets older he will be determined to get what he wants..

I have realised there is no such thing as being fully baby-proofed - not once they can climb! (because you can't remove all of the couches, chairs, tables etc in your house - well, you could.... but...). I just keep telling myself it will get easier once his language is more developed & I can explain why he can't shove my keys in the powerpoint, or stand on the arm of the lounge to pull the glass photo-frames off the wall, or drink the dregs out of the beer bottles in the recycling, or run off by himself in the carpark, or... or... or... (you get my point!).

No solutions - but I do feel your pain . I just keep looking forward to things getting better (and going out a lot to playgroups, playgrounds, parks, etc).

Oh dear, I'm seeing my future in this thread.....

I have the same model only slightly newer!!! He is a darling little thing but sometimes...like today...ARGHHHHH!!!!!

Don't you just love being a mum? And Iwe're doing it again...how crazy am
    we??!! I'm putting in a special request for a quieter version this time!

There must be something in the water today Sounds like a few of our little people are pushing the boundaries.

Mine, (who is, give or take a few days, of the same vintage as Mr P. Chop), has had a 'quiet' day today. So far, and the day's not over yet, our 'quiet' day has resulted in him:

- tipping a broom over the rail of a second floor balcony,
    - climbing headfirst over the back of the couch,
    - eating most of his friend's tub of grapes when no-one was looking,
    - chasing another of his friends with the broom, and then the walking frame,
    - pulling a container full of bolts, screws and assorted detritus off the top of the dryer,
    - running screaming through the house pushing my computer chair until it slams into the kitchen cupboards, or into me if I happen to be preparing something at the bench,
    - finishing several emails with 000000..111111111110000000....., regardless of how far back I hide the keyboard,
    - managing to move a folder into my trash (clever),
    - discovering what keys do (but fortunately, not which one opens the front door),
    - throwing every block in the house in a three metre radius whilst I attempt to distract him long enough to feed him,
    - and he is currently pulling on one ear and kicking the other as he feeds (presumably and hopefully to sleep, given that it's midnight), stopping only to jump to the floor, still with nipple in mouth, to see what his dad's doing on the other computer. Then climbing back up to the boob and repeating process until eventually falling asleep.

I so can identify with where you're at. It is tiring being the mother of a chaos engine.

oh god! everything that I have to look forward to in the future! I hope it gets better for you!

oh... i see a business opportunity here. I think you can set yourself and DS up as a home based "independant toddler proofing consultancy service". Just spend your days at everyone else place, let him loose. and when he gets tired hand them the bill for your time and come home to your lovely tidy home and put him to bed... he does get tired doesnt he, eventually....

but seriously.. its the kids with so much personality that personally I really find adorable. They really seem to thrive in any situation as they get older. I wonder how much 'personality' my son is going to have

If MIL hadn't taken DS today, I could have written your post!
    However, MIL can't take DS on Monday, as per usual, so the trip to the accountant should be VERY interesting...especially if he doesn't sleep after playgroup...

you can have Sofia and they can be great playmates

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle71 View Post
    Hearing you. Feeling your pain. Sharing the experience

I'm with you! lol

Charlotte will get into everything all the time.
    I don't know where she keeps finding pens either??? But my cream leather couch foot stool is baring the brunt of the Biro Assault 09! lol
    And she climbs on things. I have to leave all the chairs 3 feet from where they live, even if they are pushed under the table she will climb up on them and move them to get on the tables

They are crazy!! If I wasnt so proud of how smart she was I would wish she wan't! lol