Thread: fussy Toddler

Default fussy Toddler

Hi Everyone,

I have an almost 2 year old daughter, who hardly eats, she is so fussy i can honestly say she has never had a piece of steak or chop or even chicken breast, she just turns her nose up at it and sits there resting her head on her hand in her high chair [-( , she just will not try anything, i used to be atlittle happier because she was a good vegie eater, even now they are frowned upon, im just so sick of trying to think of things to give her and also very worried that she is not getting all the nutrients she needs.
    She still loves her milk which is a good thing for calcium!
    Would love to hear anyones advice on this and any similar experience others may have with their own toddlers!

Very frustrated mummy #-o
    Shellstar76

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Have you tried maybe making up a little plate for her with all different things on it and letting her pick what she wants to eat, therefore you're not forcing her and she doesn't have to dig her heels in IYKWIM? Maybe if she got to pick she wouldn't find eating so bad?

Melinda Guest

Does she like pikelets? You could check out this recipe - Veggie Pikelets (that may be one way of getting the veggies into her?)

Mine's almost 4 and has been like your daughter since birth practically, you gotta find something she like and stick with it, but put other things in it, but don't change the taste to much IYKWIM!

Like spag bog, put vegies in the meat sauce even if you have to cut them up really small!

Kelly, put me onto these "Tingles" they're multivitiamins and Nyah has one a day and it contains all the energy and vits and minerals she needs, they taste like vitamin c and they come in blackcurrent and orange, there from Nature's Own, and they're like a god send, coz Nyah's a pain in the ass, Will, who's 1 in like 15 days eats more than her, it's ridulous and soooooooooo frustrating.

Good luck.xx

thanx everyone for all your advice, thanx Nadia for your advice on Tingles i will look out for them tomorrow whilst im shopping, the vegie pikelets sound great i will definately give them a try, and will try to get some of the vegies in small pieces into her food, i have already tried giving her a selection of food, but will keep perservering with it, i suppose she won't starve herself, hopefully she starts to enjoy her food (like her mother!!!) really soon!

Thanx all for your great advice

shellstar76

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You could grate the veggies too and put them in the spag bol and the like. You could also make sausage rolls with grated veggies also.

Hi Shellstar,
    My DS is almost 1, although i know the frustration you are going through! He wont eat anything solid, apart from hot chips, toast and fruit sticks. I guess what i do is stick to the things he eats and introduce new food to him often like you do. I went to my dr about his lack of experimenting and he said as long as he is growing and eating and putting on the kgs he is fine. But that doesn't help your anxiety.

Oh i just had a thought.... Have you tried mild twiggy sticks? frankfurts? cold meats? maybe she will eat them.

Goodluck and i hope she co-operates with you soon.
    Jenni