Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls - Nappy change question

Default Girls - Nappy change question

Ok, after 2 boys I am a little unsure about the whole fanny thing lol. I know to wipe down not up & the general idea of caring for a little girl. I just have 1 question. Isla has a lot (well maybe a little or maybe a normal??) of white mucus. It looks normal & clean etc & the midwife said to just leave wat mucus is there as it will come away naturally. That was in the early early days, It looks different now but do I still leave it? Or should i be cleaning it away? I worry about causing her lips to fuse, I have heard that can happen in little girls when they have been wiped & the slightest graze has happened & then as it heals it fuses the lips. Is this a common thing?

I am thing its just like boys, just leave it be. Keep it clean but don't pull back anything.

hmmm, never heard anything about lips fusing.

I don't clean inside Paiges vagina...I may wipe gently on the outside of the lips...but I dont open them and clean inside IYKWIM. The midwife told me to leave the white gunk in there and it will come out in the bath when she kicks and plays of its own accord. Just like we dont get in there and clean ourselves I dont clean her...I dont want to disrupt her good bacteria.

If you are worried...then perhaps gently wipe just inside her lips with warm water and cotton wool, but I wouldnt personally go any further.

FJ......Lexie (and Olivia, from memory) had the same thing early on......I asked a hosp midwife about it and she said to leave it and that it would wash out by itself......and it has.....

DH now baths Lexie and asked me how to clean her bits and I just replied "Don't.....just swosh her round a bit....."

Although, if she has done a runny BF poo that ahas leaked up the front of her nappy, I do separate her lips a bit just to check she has no poo up her bits.....and if she has, I'll wipe it with warm water & cotton wool.....but I don't dig too deep IYKWIM?

Fiona Jill - I am like Lucy. If Marley has done a big poo, she gets it in every nook and cranny and I do have to wipe in between the lips, but very gently. The bath is great for cleaning up anything left over (sounds awful doesn't it LOL!!!).

I'm the same as Lucy, I only open it up a bit if she has done a big poo, and it's gone in there...

HTH

Ok cool, I figured it would be a case of leave it be. Isla has done 2 up the front poo's. 1 that was right up around her belly button!!

ETA- Melissa, I find it so freaky that your DD was born on the same day as my neice, who was almost called Kiara & my sister also had newborn pics done with butterfly wings!

The vagina is one of the only self cleaning organs, next to the eye Leave it, if it doesn't rinse off in the bath naturally then it will eventually come away by itself.

I have to say after having a girl cleaning a boy is sooooo much easier and stress free LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin, boys are easier hey

I am the same with Tehya's foo. If she has done a poo I will make sure that it's clean in there. Poor little thing just had a case of vulvitis, Dr said it could be caused by anything from poo getting in there to soap's so I'd rather make sure it were nice and clean for her.

Fiona, there will probably be quite a few more of those poo's, I found I got them more with Tehya than the boys, maybe because they have balls to keep it down

Yeah I was the same with poo too although I was often scared of hurting her so sometimes I'd just give her a quick rinse off in the sink, as it was easier.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yep I do same as lucy too, but like cailin, if there was a messy poo, I'd dunk her in a warm watered sink & give her a swooshing!!!

Gosh, to think I am a bit scared about how to look after a boy, if I ever have one that iS!!!! heee heeee

LOL tracey I was exactly the same... but after about a week you get over that and realise its a heck of a lot easier LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Tracey, you just have to remember to lift their balls and the underside of their penis. So much easier

I think it's another girl, but hey I thought the others were both boys!!! LOL....

Anyways either way is awesome & we will find out at the birth I guess!

Do you warm ya hands up????? LOL

LOL, nah go in for the kill with cold ones. Makes them tougher

I'm sure bub will be gorgeous no matter what it's flavour. I still can't believe your pg again. BTW, gorgeous pic of your girls.

Gosh - can't say I'm looking forward to girl nappy changes (if we have a girl some time!) Boys are soooooo easy. Just give em a good wipe down all over.. easy!

The only thing with boys, is if it's a messy poo all over their doodle and all.. those little hands go straight for the doodle, so you have to be quick! LOL!

Warming hands? LOL.. Tallon giggles whenever the cold wipe touches him.. twisted little boy LMAO.

Tracey - wow you're strong waiting until the birth to find out the flavour! Wish I could do that, but come the 19w scan I can't help myself.hehe.

I Love the surprise at the birth!!!!
    hee hee, Tallon giggling at cold wipes!!!

Thanks Trish!

I was nervous over dealing with Charlies poo and his balls and his willy.......I was always really gentle with his bits.......till I saw how HE treated his bits.......OMG he gives them such a yank, LOL, it obviously doesn't hurt him!

Fire Fly Guest

I never used to go *in there* at nappy changes. The only time that i did was when she did a sloppy poo and it was obviouse that it was inside, only then id softly wipe it clean. Other than that the wee and bath cleans it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast