Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grose things they ask to eat...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Grose things they ask to eat...

Today Marisa asked me to cook her a hotdog, and usually she's a mad sauce girl like me... but she asked for peanut butter of all things. So she had a roll, covered in peanut butter and a hotdog :-k

What is the grosest thing your kids have asked to eat, and actually eaten it?!

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Erin has requested two minute noodles and banana. I kid you not! It came about when she had two minute noodles one day and Paige had sliced banana and somehow the banana ended up in the noodles and low and behold - a new culinary delight (for Erin anyway). She has asked for it a few times but i refuse to do it for her. She also has BBQ sauce on everything (she is truly my eccentric child). The other kids are OK.

PMSL!!! sorry I cant contribute yet - but these are gold!!!

Maddy eats frozen chips & the other day had sandwiches with salami & cabbage!???

Kirsty77 Guest

ROFL!!Ewwwwwwww!!Totally grossed out right now!!Hehehe

These are great!

Milo is a tad young to be asking for things, but I do remember my cousin eating ham and vegemite, and a boy in primary school who used to bring strawberry jam and mayonnaise sandwiches. ew!

*hides head* We used to deliberately burn toast as kids and then put both promite & peanut butter on the toast! *LOL*

I can only imagine what Maddy'll be like....her Daddy puts BBQ sauce on EVERYTHING.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Another day, another bizarre request for lunch. Now I asked Marisa what she would like in her sandwich and I didn't hear her properly and said, 'what would you like, strawberry jam?' she says, 'no mummy I want STRAWBERRIES in my sandwich'. Hmmm so I said, 'That's an interesting sandwich. I think it might taste a bit funny,' to which she said, 'No mummy, I'm going to try it and then see if I like it.'

I think I have created a monster. I always tell her that she needs to try food before going 'ewwwwww grose' then she can decide if she likes it or not. So I think that's kinda backfired.

Oh and she ate the whole strawberry sandwich. Wonder if she'd eat a brocolli sandwich?!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Ashlea and her best friend always eat honey and peanut butter sandwiches, its their favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee
    Ashlea and her best friend always eat honey and peanut butter sandwiches, its their favourite!
    Maybe I'm a bit odd but I've always loved peanut butter & honey on toast!

DH has peanut butter & honey on toast all the time too!

Don't have any that children I know have asked for, but..
    A lady I used to work with would have granny smith apples (sliced) and sugar on her sandwiches..
    I have tried peanut butter on celery sticks lol.. also had a mashed banana and peanut butter sandwich and the people I was with thought I was a freak lol.. My sister and I would eat cold tinned spaghetti sandwiches when we were young
    DF has sauce on everything, just different sauces for different foods
    I can only imagine what Logan will want :shock: [/b]

In high school I used to make Vegemite and lentil sprout sandwiches. I did like them but they also stopped one of my friends from wanting them. She never brought any lunch with her.

Hannah ate a spider last week - does that count?? It was pretty darn gross. LOL

Vegemite and carrot sounds weird but is actually quite nice. My Nan used to have freash bread and condensed milk sandwiches - which I haven't had for years (she died in 1981) but were FANTASTIC as a kid!!

Oh ... and my sister started her children on the same weird food thing she does. Frozen peas !?! Straight form the freezer, and they love them.

i dont think anyone could top the spider Juliette!!!!

Jo

A guy that I work with (40 odd years old) eats peanut butter & coleslaw sandwiches :feelsick:

My brother when he was 3-ish was being silly when mum asked him what he wanted on his sandwich & he answered "dog food"!! So mum made him a sandwich with dry dog food on it (as a joke) & the look on his face was hysterical. He said I don't really want that mummy, so she gave it to the dog. Last time he was silly when it came to lunchtime LOL!!

kirsty Guest

James hasn't really asked for anything that I would turn my nose up at ~ however when I was at my mum's last weekend she had fresh bread & I had a vegemite & peanut butter sandwich (which James stole in the end) & my mum turned her nose up at it!! (also have to admit I had the same thing today but with cheese spread in it as well, so cheese spread, peanut butter & vegemite) maybe I could pass it off as a craving 8-[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast