Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - what else can i do?

Question Help - what else can i do?

Izzy won't sleep... She'z been up since 8.00ish, and she won't go back down... She's so tired she keeps closes her eyes and will sleep for about 5 mins, then if i move or put her down shes back up crying...

I've changed her, bathed her, rubbed oil on her, fed, burbed, had her in her rocking chair... wat hve i missed!

poor girl so tired!!!

I don't know the answer, but boy do I sympathise!!!!!

Jambin did this for 4 hrs one night (midnight-4am), 3 hrs another night, and 5 hrs yesterday morning. I felt so sad that I couldn't figure out what was bothering him - we fed, checked nappies, checked temperature ... nothing seemed to work.

I hope she falls asleep soon ... poor tired girl.

Could you let her sleep on you for awhile? Or maybe lie down on your bed with her so you don't have to move her again once you get her to sleep.
    Another option is if she likes movement you could put her in the pram and rock it or in her bouncer?
    Its hard, once they get overtired it makes it even harder to get them asleep.

Poor lil thing! Still won't sleep~ I don't know what else to try! she'll sleep for 5-10mins and thats it... I need izzy to grow up for a sec so i can ask her whats wrong then she go go back to baby size.

shell
    I've been lying next to her... but as soon as i move away from her - she's awake!

It must be something to do with the name! My little "treasure" absolutely refused to sleep at all through the day, and now I can only get one hour or so in the morning and that's it, other than catnaps throughout the day. She sleeps all night though.

I just found that I would just have to persist and keep putting her into her cot whenever she was tired. Sometimes I would just have to let her cry for a bit, although not too long (a minute or two at the most) and I don't like her to get too upset so would go to her if she worked herself up, and eventually she started to have a morning sleep.

She's currently asleep in her cot (first afternoon sleep in there EVER!) and I stood by the cot, stroking her forhead and put my hand on her tummy. Not sure what the tummy thing is, but as soon as my hand was on there she closed her eyes!

Good luck with it. I know how frustrating it can be, especially when you know they're sooo tired. Maybe even try a sling?? Sometimes I use one if we're having a really bad day and I need to get stuff done.

You poor thing, I know exactly what you mean! When my DS was tiny he would not sleep in his cot in the daytime unless I held him. I rang the Maternal Child Health line and they gave me some settling techniques, but they just didn't work You may want to try calling them because it may work for you.

I ended up taking my DS to a paediatric chiropractor and we worked out (at 10 weeks) that his right shoulder had been dislocated since birth, the poor thing had been in pain and only felt comfortable sleeping with me. We got his shoulder fixed up and his demeanour changed heaps, we also bought an Amby baby hammock because he loved motion and he slept like a trouper!

Good luck, I hope things improve for you soon.

i just dont know wats wrong... this is the first time she has done this... she keeps crying and its frustrating... i've tryied another bath/boob feed. but that ddn't work... shes still awake! refuses to shut her tired lil eyes!

Have you got a baby sling/carrier? I used to wear my DS in a Baby Bjorn just so he would get some sleep. Otherwise does she sleep well in a pram? Maybe you could go for a walk around the block to get her off to sleep?

Another thing you could try is Brauer Colic Relief, it is all natural and you can buy it at chemists. I used to find it helped relax my DS when I didn't know what else to do.

I know the frustration well! Good luck.

Can you take her for a walk in the pram, or maybe a drive? When Claire does this, I put her in my Baby Bjorn carrier and go for a walk for about half an hour and she's asleep almost straight away.

still not asleep _ we're going for drive to pick her uncles up from school soon so hopefully the car does it...

she dosn't like her carrier... it just dosnt seem to sit right n she looks uncomfy - i might be putting it on wrong ?~?

n tried to put her in pram and she scremeddddddddd! the ony place she wants to be is up on my shoulder...

My DS screamed every time I put him in the pram too! He too would only settle if he was on my shoulder. If this is an ongoing problem you may want to get her checked out. My DS's chiro said it was classic pain behaviour. Hopefully this is just a one-off bad day for her, she may just have really bad wind. Hope the day gets better for you soon.

julesr Guest

Sing or hum? My DS is soothed by my singing or Daddy's humming (seems to like the deeper, rumbly tone of his humming, plus Daddy is crap at remembering words to songs).

Bouncing? We sit on a fitball and bounce up and down gently.

Can your DH take over or your mum come over for a while? Your baby might be picking up on you stressing over not being able to get her to sleep. A fresh face might help. And give you a much needed break too.

Can also vouch for the chiro thing - took my DS to an osteopath when he seemed to be trying hard to NOT roll over and found that due to his forceps delivery he had compacted bones on the right side of his head which was referring tension down to his pelvis, which meant it was hurting him to roll over. This would also explain why, when he was tiny, he only wanted to be held upright - a lying down position would have put pressure on his pelvis. I wish I'd taken him earlier.

Any future babies of mine will go straight to an osteopath for a post-birth "iron out", as it were. I am now such a believer that I think any baby would benefit from an osteopath check up.
    Last edited by julesr; April 23rd, 2007 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks for all yur advice! I'm hoping it was a one off bad day! She is kno asleep on the lounge room floor!!! And No-one is allowed to go near her (since we are at nana's house babysitting her uncles/aunties) There is noooo noise allowed!

Julser - Unfortuntly i'm not with DP we're on 'break'... And my mum is at work hence the babysitting

awww she looks sooo peaceful asleep!

You poor thing Cass, you'll be exhausted by now I bet! I hate it when S doesn't sleep, especially if it's combined with his specialty of nonstop earsplitting screaming! It's exhausting... Fingers crossed it was just a bad day

Im really sorry that you are having such a bad day its not much fun ! Has bubs had vaccinations latley im not sure how old she is could she be teething i know it may be a long shot but bubs 3 had her first tooth cut at 3 months is she feeding well ? you probably have gone over these things 100 times it helps me if my memory is joged if you need a chiro i know a really great one i live west of brisi i can email phone number to you just send me your email address.
    kittykat
    [email protected]

well it is now 11.00pm and she has been asleep for 20mins! Please lets hope this is going to last! The longest shes slept all day has been half an hour!

izzy just really had a bad day... I think it was a combination of bad wind and oral thrush... my poor lil pumkin i hate not knowin what was wrong!

Kittykat - I mihgt look into tht - email adress is [email protected]

Caro - hhehe i'm not usually like that - but she jsut soooo needed her sleep! But even the 'no noise' rule worked! she was still awake within a couple of minutes of me posting that message.

Very tired now, night ladies!

Hi Cass,
    How did your night go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast