Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Temps for 3 days

Question High Temps for 3 days

Ok well my little man still ain't fairing so well.

We thought he had a UTI and on Monday we had a urine sample taken, and it showed (by dip stick) not to show any red blood cells or proteins. Well its now Wednesday and I just took his temp and 38.5 :frown: I'm going to make another Dr's apt today... I just don't know what could be causing a temp for 3 days?!?! He had gastro a fortnight ago so his immunity is probably pretty shot... I hate it when babies are sick as they can't tell you any other symptoms :frown:

Here's hoping its nothing serious!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Aww Cailin, I hope you get some answers as to what it is bothering little Seth.

Weird that he has this temp and nothing else. FIngers crossed he's not coming down with something.

Lots of luck and I hope he is feeling better real soon.

Cailin - glad it's not a UTI but hope you get some answers soon. I hate it when bubs are sick too. Is panadol keeping down any temp? Good luck.

Hi Cailin

My son who is 3 (a lot older than your bub) had a high temp for 3 to 4 days over Christmas and the Dr didn't know what it was. He thought it was a UTI as well. He had no symptoms except a high temp. It turned out to be the chicken pox. I did heaps of reading on the net and there are quite a lot of things that can cause a temp with no other symptoms. Of course an infection has to be ruled out though because that is often the main cause of a high temp.

It is so hard when they are so little and can't tell you anything. I really hope he gets better soon.

cailin,

i would take him to the dr for some blood tests. my son riley was like that and they found he had a germ in his blood system. And the dr might tell you it is time to take him there anyway.

if i was you take him straight there. then he is getting the best care and he is in the right place for the high temp. the nurses are really good with kids.

Hope it all turns out of

Adele

NewmumLou Guest

Oh dear, poor bub..... even more ..... poor mum (it is hard when you dont know the cause of it as their is nothing you can do!)
    Hoping that little Seth gets well soon xxxxx take care!

I was actually hoping its roseolla! I have an apt today for 11 am so hopefully we'll get some answers or have some tests.

Thanks everyone for your help! I'll keep you all posted.

*hugs*
    Cailin

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Poor Seth ... hope he is on the mend - a urine test should be cultured not just a dip stick .

I hope hes ok Cailin, poor pet. Im gathering youve been giving panadol for the temp. Hope the dr can find out whats wrong.

I hope you can get some answers today Cailin. Poor Seth!

Well now I don't know what to do... He's temp has suddenly dropped and the last time he had panadol was at 6 am... so I know it can't be the panadol. I think I'll cancel the apt and play it by ear for the rest of the day. I just spoke to the nurse, and she wants me to keep an eye on him but she said she'd cancel for now... and I can ring back if it changes! Argh I hate it when babies get sick... you panic and then feel like an idiot.

I'm going to let him have his morning nap and then see how he is when he gets up...

I HATE THIS!

I just don't want to put him through any unnecessary blood tests if I don't have to (which is what the nurse said too)...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Can teething cause a temperature? He wouldnt have another tooth coming through by any chance?

I've looked for a teeth coz thats what I thought... but do you know what.. the dr I saw said "Teething doesn't cause this type of temp" HUH?!?! Seth got HUGE temp when he first teethed (not so bad the last time and admittedly not 3 days) but he basically said he doesn't believe that teething causes temps... I wish my Dr wasn't on holidays :frown:

*hugs*
    Cailin

I know myself if ive had a tooth ache you can get a fever.. I hope thats all it is

Thanks guys I do too... I hate unexplained temps because I always think the worst...

*hugs*
    Cailin

riley was like that have a hight temp then it would drop and then climb back up again so i hope you get some answers so cailin.

just take it easy and try not to stree out to much.

Adele

Hi Cailin, how did you go?

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww poor little Seth!
    Gabby had this earlier last year... high temps for a few days. Turns out she had a viral infection but we didn't catch it until the rash came out (which signifies the end). Maybe it's something like that?
    Hope he's ok... poor little man!

you panic and then feel like an idiot.
    Oi missy! You'd be the first to tell one of us that your fears are quite valid and it's all part of being a Mummy! You're not an idiot for being concerned so no more of that sort of talk!!!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; January 11th, 2007 at 07:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast