Thread: hot nights

Question hot nights

ok im concerned!

Mason has been rugged up for so long at night and now tonight we are all sweating just sitting here.

Im gunna try and wrap his arms in a muslin wrap and just put him to bed in a singlet

But wont he just be SOOO hot over night?

what do you do???

Danni, if it is truely that hot, then I would go a singlet, nappy and a very lightweight wrap if Mason needs one to sleep. Remember though that it will cool down overnight and he may very well wake up cold too.

It's a hot one here tonight too. Hope you get some sleep.

We have had a few hot nights up here and we put Phoebe in a lightweight sleepsuit-you know those sleeping bag thingys- and her sheet doubled over her. When we go to bed one of us check on her and pop her crochet blanket up between the fold of the sheet. Phoebe stopped wanting to be wrapped just before she went into the cot, but that was back in the winter transition. She kept getting out of her wrap so I took that as a sign that she no longer needed or wanted it.

Dani,
    Hot here too! I have put DS in a 0.5 TOG sleeping bag, with just a light top, and and nappy. When I go to bed, I will re assess and maybe add a blanket.
    I used muslin wraps this time last year with James. But I was lucky, by the really hot weather he didnt want to be wrapped any more.
    If he wont sleep unwrapped and you are concerned. You could wait till he is asleep then unwrap him???

We have a lightweight sleeping bag here. When it heats up a bit more she'll just wear singlet and nappy, but atm she's still in a sleepsuit too. And a muslin wrap just for the arms to settle. I put the wrap underneath, then fold each end over the arm closest to it and tuck under the bottom. Course, before she falls asleep she'll have discarded the wrap . Its really just a 'bedtime routine' thing for us these days.
    Hope you all get some sleep.

I'm doing the same as you tonight Danni It's way too hot for a sleeping bag of any sort I think! I feel mean wrapping him, but he won't go to sleep without one, so I'm using muslin. He still wakes in the night (a number of times!) so I can dress him warmer then if needs be.

Hope you get some sleep

Do you have the air cond on??? I just ask as it's very hot here too, it was 40 today so doesn't cool down much over night. We have to be able to sleep too & can't do so without the air cond on, so as we have that down low I don't stress too much about Charlie being too hot. I actually love the sleeping bags as you can get a Summer one, choose something comfy for underneath & you don't have to worry about any other rugs etc.
    As i said it's very hot up here, we put Charlie in a sleep suit, just a thin one without the feet & into a Summer sleeping bag. He doesn't have any other rugs apart from his wrap which he cuddles as he moves all about the cot now & our air cond is on approx 23. He sleeps through the night no worries.
    I would just remember if it's hot enough to have the aircond on & it's at a cool level I would prob have bubs arms covered as they may still get cool.

sez, how do you wrap tightly with muslin? i cant work it out and he always moves his arms straight out

He slept pretty well just in a singlet, nappy and muslin wrap. good boy!

Danni, good to hear you got a decent night hun. Obviously whatever you did was right for Mason

I put Zy in a nappy, singlet & wrapped him in a cheesecloth type sarong, as he needs to be swaddled or he wakes up & pulls his hair!
    In Bali we did the same, just a nappy or nappy & singlet & sarong wrapping his arms in..

how do you wrap the arms in tight when they are so thin and there is no stretch?

I just wrap it tight??? Just pull it tight...??

It was awful last night in Melbourne wasn't it? My DS has been sleeping in long PJ's and a fleece sleepsuit as he won't stay still in his cot for blankets and he's formed a bit of an attachement to his thick fleece sleepsuit. Getting him to sleep last night in just summer sleep shorts his nappy and a singlet was a challenge! He wouldn't drink his bedtime bottle either as he was so hot. We are getting the evap cooling installed in 3 weeks and as our home is 2 storey upstairs was like an oven and of course all the bedrooms are upstairs.

Horrid night for my poor little bear (he was up crying 3 times) and horrid night for his fat Mummy!

Thankfully today is much cooler so when my baby bear goes down for his day sleep I'll be sleeping too......

id love to see a pic trace.

I think this time last year is about when i converted Jesse from wraps to sleeping bags. That way on hot nights he can have the super light grobag on and nothing but a nappy underneath. I think having his arms free helps them not heat up as much. If youre wanting to convert over, just try it during the day till he gets use to having his arms out.

ive tried everything with his arms out but he gets too distracted by rubbing his eyes etc, and wont sleep

or if he does fall asleep, his arms waving around actually wakes him up