Thread: how to cope with 2 under two

kylie+jayden Guest

Default how to cope with 2 under two

hi i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice jayden is 16mths and im 16weeks pregnant so im due in december jayden will be close to 2 jayden is very full on and im wondering how people manage with two i know you just do but i think jayden so full on now whats he going to be like at 2 and how am i going to manage going through the 2 stage with another baby its just scary

Just a quicky,
    I did so much preparing and thought the same, how am I going to cope, b/f, entertaining Ds with a baby. The older one just adapted. It really surprised me. There are 22mths between ds and dd and they are the best of friends. DD is now almost 11mths and they are just great together. We give the kid's their space but also teach them to play near each other or together and its just great to watch. Sure they have their moments or their days. I remembered stressing a few weeks before delivery and now I look back and think I was really silly.

Anyway we are now trying for #3. We may have 3 under 3 and half. Now that is scary. Have fun.

kylie+jayden Guest

thanks rose makes me feel better im not the only one worried bout stuff like that im just use to dealing with one busy toddler and some days i say to myself how am i going to cope with two but im sure you adapt its just the before it happens nerves you deal with what ya have to i use to want 5 kids now 2 is going to be plenty lol
    thanks

Hi Kylie, it's amazing how we wonder 'how will I cope', but what is even more amazing is that we just do!! Things fall into place, and everything turns out fine.

You will be great!!

Tanya

Hi Kylie,

Like Tanya said it is amazing how you cope with it all.
    Kimberley is 2½ and Alex is 10wks old. We are planning to start trying for #3 and the end of the year so by the time that one will be born i will have 3 under the age of 4. Alex maybe 18 months old.

The only thing i would say it does take longer to get out the house when you want to go out.

I have 22 mths between my boys too and I think it is one of those things where you cope because you have too. DH had holidays for 4 weeks so we tried to get into a routine before he went back to work. I didn't have any problems with jealousy. Mason loved watching a video when I was feeding Angus and when Angus was asleep I read Mason stories and played trains and stuff. I was lucky as Mason still had an afternoon sleep so I had a sleep then too.
    I took Angus around with me as I was worried about Mason hurting him.
    He only hurt him a couple of times but it wasn't out of mailce, I think he was only curious and couldn't understand why he couldn't do what he could do.

There is a 21 month gap between Harry and Grace and Harry was (is) a very full on toddler also. But he adapted remarkably well to having Grace around, and now he loves his 'sissy' and she adores him. Mind you, they have their moments and Harry being a toddler can get rough playing with her but he has never been malicious (sp?) towards her or deliberately tried to hurt her.

Having 2 has not been as bad as how I dreamed it to be. It's like you bring the baby home and you just get on with things. Of course, you need to be organised as much as possible beforehand and try to prepare Jayden also - tell him about the baby in your tummy and how you will go to hospital and bring the baby home to live with you. Don't underestimate his ability to understand things. I didn't think Harry really understood what was going on but when he came to visit at the hospital and then when we brought Grace home he was very accepting of the situation, so preparing him did help.

Bon