Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do i get it out?

Yes, the world is a beautiful place again, lol...

LOL, I was like that trying to get the dame thing inthe car yesterday & now I get to take it out again! YAY, that will be fun seems I have to take all 3 seats out!

Well after the excitment of finding a capsule that would fit in my car along with my other 2 seats & then the added joy of being able to take part of it back. I took the whole lot back. The more I looked at it & worked with it to fit, the more I became un happy with it. I think it was putting to much pressure on the other 2 seats. It was a tight squuze getting them to fit.
    I will try the under the bum booster for Evan as a short term fix till we can get a bigger car.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I had a bit of a giggle to I have to admit, but only because I came in here expecting one of the boys to have stuck something up their nose rather than the car seat dilemma.

I own a Hyundia Lantra, if I do get there on tuesday before you leave I will show you what my probelm is. But basically there is not enough room. When I first put it into my car with the base I thought beauty! it will fit & once I got home & fitted it properly, it was a very tight squeeze & the other 2 seats (1 is a normal reversable baby seat, the other a Hi-Pod Booster seat) where not dead centre with the ancher point but I still thought it doable. Then I tried it with out the base & it made the primo to low so its sides were clashing with the side wings on the other 2 seats. So I put the base back in & tried it all again but I just couldn't get it all to sit right. I got it all in just as well as I did the first time but my biggest problem was that Evans Hi-pod seat uses the seat belt to hold Evan in, it doesn't have its own harness set up like the baby seats. So I needed acsess to the seat belt clip & it was near impossible to get to it easily. It was very awkward & I could see that over time we would get lazy with being "ontop" of making sure it was all secure each & every time we got in the car. I mean don't get me wrong, we would still have strapped Evan in etc but I could see it becoming a pain in the butt & short cuts being made. So I decided it was too much hassel & probably too much pressure on safety.

I have since had the idea though of Down grading Evan from the Hi-pod he has (with arm rests & cup holders etc) to the basic design. it may be a bit smaller & it may work. I will need to suss it out. I would be much happier to spend yet even more money on car seats & have every one as safe as possible then to have Evan on a under the bum booster. They just don't sit well with me...

Fiona I don't like the bum booster seats either. Have you looked at the car seats for compact cars?? They are somewhat smaller in size to regular carseats. OR, maybe you could swan Glenn to a booster seat too and the new bub could use his seat?? Just a thought for you. Although given the fact that he's only 2 I completely understand if your not comfortable with that idea.

Yeah, nah I am not comfortable having Evan on a under the bum booster & he is 4. Glenn still needs the harness. I was awake for ages last night thinking of different combinations of seats that may work. I am going to see if I can track down the most compact of seats & see if I can get new ones that compliment each other & will "work" not just be a do-able. I mean if I need to spend 3 or 4 hundred on new seats for all 3 kids then I want to work & not just do-able for the time being. I just said to DH that I need to see if I can make it work other wise I wont be able to sleep. So I might bus in to Penrith today & then change busses to the UNI at kingswood so I can pick up the car & head back to the plaza & see what I can make work.
    I am thinking with the basic hi pod for Evan, a newer/compact seat for Glenn & then a capsule for bubba, I can make it work. That would mean that I would now own 7 child restraints!! But then there is always Ebay LOL.
    Its funny I collected prams for awhile there, looks like I have a new hobby "car seats".

Oh Brooke, I can relate on the pram issue. My main pram is a childcare trio & toddler seat. fantastic for keeping everyone in one place but its big & bulky. Not to mention Heavy. I am managing still but I have trouble with pushing it when both boys are in it. the pram would be at least 10 or 12 kg (at a wild guess) but the boys together add another 30kg to the weight. On flat rides its ok, but that hill I need to walk back up to get home when I go for walks is a killer now.
    I take the just the stroller for Glenn if DH is with me but if I am on my own I take the big one as Evan often wants to be picked up or needs to be picked up to get him to stay with you.
    I don't mind paying more for the car seats if it will work. But I know DH will roll his eyes at me. But mind you also, he was hoping we could make it "work" till at least the begining of the year when we will have a clear picture of what his work will be like. I pointed out that we wont have a clear cut picture of that time next July!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You can buy booster seats that have harnesses FionaJill, I was looking at them for Jonah be there was no rush to get him into one so we just got the regular ones. They are available though. HTH

yeah the only one I can find is the Maxi rider & they are too bulky a seat & way too expensive. I wouldn't have minded spending $300 on a car seat like that if I was going to use it from the 8kg onwards mark but I am skipping ahead to booster seat & its a waste of money to spend so much.
    I have a booster seat (pegaus's one) trhat I can use the harrness on but that booster again is too bulky on the sides & because the back of it is flat I can only have it in the car if its dead centre but because my seats are molded it means it takes up more room then the other I have that isn't flat across the back. Does that make sence?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oooooh, yeah that makes sense, bugger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12