Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I keep her warm?

Default How do I keep her warm?

I know that this has been posted before but I just can't seem to find the previous thread .
    So, I was wondering how do I keep Olivia warm overnight? I've tried the sleeping bags and she screams the house down until I take it off so they don't work. I go into her just before I go to sleep and cover her up with her blankets and tuck her in but she is just such a wriggler that I can't keep her covered. I really want to get this sorted before the freezer winter nights.
    Any suggestions ladies???

best & less has some "sleeper suits" that are polar fleece, large, designed to use instead of blankets. About $30 - I have a couple, they're great.

i too would try the ones with legs! goodluck

Hi kazbah. Olivia sleeps in bonds suit so would I still put her in these and then the sleeping suit over the top or instead of?
    TIA

yep thats what i do!! bonds suit or normal pj's then sleeping bag, i only have ione with the legs but still do the same as the bag ones

I don't know really - I just feel Pip's tummy to see if he's warm enough and he's usually toasty warm, just wearing a singlet. If he's not then I put on another shirt the next night ... They are good though, we also use them when taking him bushwalking in his bjorn, just add a beanie

ETA - these do have legs, they're like a bonds wondersuit but with zipper and feet and made of double layer polar fleece. The brand name is Snugtime
    Last edited by Kazbah; February 29th, 2008 at 08:36 AM.

must add that i have the one without arms and its cotton not polar fleece, hence why i use clothes underneth, kaz does yours have arms?

I use the polar all in one pjs too, I get them from target and they have two differnet thickness, one is polar fleece and the other is polar fleece with a blanket lining.
    Both my kids still kick there blankets off and refuse to sleep under cover, i find these with a singlet underneath does a great job.
    My DD is 9 and has just grown out of her last one. My DD is 4 and still has his for cold nights.
    They are great as they have legs the kids can still get out of bed and go to the toilet, not something you need to worry about for a while. I have used these since mine were little though, they come in sizes 000 up to 8.

Hope this helps I know how hard it can be with bubs that dont like to be wrapped or covered.

Mine has arms ... its TOG 1.5 according to the website.

Thanks ladies. I'm off to go shopping and see what we can find. We'll see how Livvy goes. I'll let you know what we find. Keep the tips coming.

Okay what does TOG 1.5 mean??
    Last edited by Liviam; February 29th, 2008 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks for the info as i was wondering the same thing
    DD's hands and feet are freezing in the morning with her just in an all in one.

i have the snugtime ones, cotton for summer and polar fleece for winter, i get them from the outlet twice a year! sophie has been in them since 10 weeks old, every single night!!! love them

These snuggle time ones look great, especially with the cotton inner lining. I'm definitely going to search for these. YAY!!!

TOG refers to the temp range. 1.5 is 20-24 deg.

Jols - where's the outlet for them?

warragul rd cheltham, ill let you know when its on again!!

ooh please do.

ooh I love the snugtime ones too! She looks like a little pink wombat padding around in it lol.

Dan, I have the same problem here. And it doesn't seem to matter that she is FREEZING - she will not keep her covers on! I just bought some suits from Target which are like their sleeping bags but are one pieces so she can crawl and walk in them. On really cold nights I will put something light underneath to keep her extra warm but for now I just use the suits...

HTH

MG

P.S. I think the suits were about $15 on special

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast