Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did bubs sleep in your room for?

Taia's Mum Guest

Smile How long did bubs sleep in your room for?

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering how long you had your bubs in your bedroom for before moving them to their own room?

DD is now 8.5months and she's still in our room! I'm ready to move her out but DH wants her to stay. She sleeps on her tummy (she rolls herself onto her tummy) and he's worried that she might suffocate (we have an Angelcare monitor) by sleeping face down into the mattress. I think she's at a stage where she would move her head if she couldn't breath.

Just interested on what other people did/do for their sleeping arrangements in their room!

xoxox

With Chelsea she went straight to her own room the minute we got home from hospital. I used to be worried when she learnt to roll as well....but things were ok...id check before going to bed, if i got up for the loo...and every time she was peacefully sleeping.

Jasmine is still in our room, she is 6 weeks old and im ready to move her next week.

We've just moved DS into the nursery and he is 3 months tomorrow. I wanted to keep him in our room longer, but he has out grown the basinette we can't possibly fit the cot in our room. I slept on the sofa bed in the nursery for the first few nights because I was constantly getting up to check on him. We have an Angel Care monitor also which makes me feel a bit more at ease.

He is sleeping so much better now he is in his own room. I think he was glad to get away from DH's snoring (lol)

Springxx
    Last edited by Spring Angel; December 9th, 2007 at 05:24 PM.

Jovie stayed in our room until she was 9 months? Even then she would go to sleep in the cot but come in whenever she wakes up... and then co-sleep for the rest of the night.

The SIDs recommendation is 6 months.

My DD still sleeps in our room and she's 7,almost 8 months. She's in her own cot. I like having her close to me. I can hear her and see her and when she wakes in the night it's easy to get her up and feed her and put her straight back to bed. I have no plans of putting her into her own romm yet. Maybe when she's sleeping through the night...or when we have no 2, LOL!

Both our boys still spend nights in our bed and if they're not in our bed we're in theirs.
    I'm in no rush for them to sleep in their own room on their own full-time. I love hearing them near me in the night and they seem to sleep so much better when we're near them.

my DD is still in our bed at 16 months!

Ethan was moved out 13 months
    Isaac was moved out at 16 months
    Jacob was moved out at 11 months

We have an angelcare monitor as well but still we both preferred them in our room till we felt ready. Olivia is in our room of course . who knows when she will move out.. When we feel the time is right I guess.

I think we moved cody into her room when she was around 18 months.... even then i didnt want to move her because her cot was right next to our bed.... and i just liked her being there so i could see her during the night .... she never slept in our bed tho

Emily moved into her cot in her room just before she was 3 months - when she looked to big for the basinette (sp)

Great post, I was wondering this myself! DS is almost 8 weeks and I am ready now for a number of reasons. We have a 3 story house (spiral stair case) with our room at the top. Therefore bub sleeps in our room at night, and the bottom floor during the day. I think he would sleep better if he was in his own room, without me hanging around listening to his every murmur. He might be more settled and go to sleep better.

With the tummy sleep thing, the risk is minimal when they can roll over by themselves, which is usually after 6 months.

DD was 8 weeks when i moved her into her own room, im a light sleeper and any move she made i would wake up and to add DP snoring i didnt get much sleep, so made the big move and out she went to her big cot! it was also very upsetting! LOL!!

Haitch Guest

My 19 month old is still sleeping in my bed, it's wonderful. Although I have always said that I'll start transitioning him to his own bed once he's sleeping through the night, and last night he did but I want him to stay in with me. I love that he shuffles over towards me in his sleep, when I hop into bed, and snuggles into me, so cuddly and loverly *SIGH* oh i love that boy

clare076 Guest

with Shelby we moved her at 3 months, but Sammie will probably stay in our room for a while longer yet. He is in a hammock now, so I am a bit worried if he is at the other end of the house Shelby may get to him before I do.

My bub went straight into his own room. I am a light sleeper so I can hear him in the room next door when he wakes. I didn't see any benefit to putting him in our room.

We moved Aricyn into his own bedroom at 2 weeks - he grunted and snorted, and snored and wailed, and was so bloody noisy he kept us awake!! plus the light flickering from the breathing alarm kept us awake. :-) Now with the new baby on the way, he gets to move into the other bedroom.... haven't quite gotten used to that idea - got lots of time to think about it though!!!!

Scarlet went straight to her nursery when we got home from hospital - It never even occured to me to do it any other way - She comes and sleeps in bed with me after DF goes to work but that's more for me because i want cuddles, lol... She'd be happy to sleep in her cot all day if i let her.

Also - i think because of that i've never had any problems with getting her to self settle, She gets a bath, feed, kisses, cuddles, goes to bed and then puts herself to sleep and has done that since birth.

DD was about 5 months when she moved into her own room overnight. Day sleeps where in her cot from about 3 months I think?

I think DS will be in his room earlier though. We have a different bassinet this time and I have a feeling he doesn't like it! He settles so much better in his own room (which is a lot darker than ours too) in his cot than he does in the bassinet.

He will stay with us overnight for a while longer yet. I'm not ready for him to be so far away yet, his room is at the other end of the house.

Also - i think because of that i've never had any problems with getting her to self settle, She gets a bath, feed, kisses, cuddles, goes to bed and then puts herself to sleep and has done that since birth.
    Personally, I just think you were lucky and got a baby that could self settle very easily! I don't think it makes a difference where they sleep, some babies can self settle pretty much from birth, others need a lot more help.

The SIDs recommendation is 6 months.
    Christy - sorry, bit slow, but does that mean they recommend babies sleep in your room till they're six months?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast