Thread: how many naps did your 7 month old have?

Default how many naps did your 7 month old have?

just curious how many naps your around 7 month old had/has?
    how long are they usually awake for before they got tired... just trying to figure out if mine is trying to drop a nap as he has 3 still atm, but he counts going to bed at 7pm/ish as his 3rd nap then is up again and bed around 11pm!! arggghh

mooshie Guest

from memory when dd was that age she would wake around 7am then go back down at 9am till 11am then back down at 2pm to 4pm - she would go to be around 7.30pm and i would give her a rollover feed around 10.30 -11ish, this rollover went on till around 12mths as i was to scared it i stopped it she would start waking during the night lol.

good luck

Charlie is 7 months and he will wake at 6am have 1/2 hour naps from then on normally at about 8.30 then 12 then 4 then goes to bed at 8 and sleeps thru - but i give him a bottle at about 9.30pm when he is still asleep.

Milo had 2-3 -- but usually 2, at that age.
    Sometimes it would be 2 sleeps 1hr+ and a nap of 20-40 minutes.

How many milk feeds does he have? Milo tended to have a sleep or nap between each of these.

At that age Matilda started dropping her 3rd nap. She would have an hour & half in the morning and then just over an hour in the early arvo & then around 4pm she would nap for around 30 minutes... when it was taking us 45 minutes to get her to sleep & she decreased the time at the late arvo nap we encouraged her to drop it.

For the first few weeks of dropping that nap she would go to bed around 6.30pm because she was just trashed. And would wake up at 5.30am ... but she slowly was able to move everythng back over a few weeks.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

I usually get up at 6 and get ready for work. I then give Jovi her bottle. If I'm lucky she sleeps through it and I put her back in bed. DH tells me she will usually sleep until at least 8 most mornings but lately she won't go back to sleep until I get home at lunch (around 12), or will just have a 10 minute nap (I think because I was home for a month recently so now she's rebelling a bit against DH and wants her mummy).

If DH is lucky, she'll sleep for 1/2 to 1 hour then up again ... usually until I get home again at 4:30 then I'll play with her, down for a nap for around 40 minutes ... up, bottle, tea, bath, play then down anywhere between 8 & 9:30. I give her another bottle when I go to bed, usually around 11 but she again sleeps through it.

Aside from some odd "night terrors' as i like to call them (she just starts screaming but will usually stop once i put the dummy in) she'll sleep through the night (mind you since DH had a back op a couple of months ago, she now insists on getting in our bed around 4am until i get up ... little bugger!)

I just think as they get older they want to know whats going on at all times and think they'll miss out (Jovi is an aweful busy body ... can't take her anywhere! lol)

Alexa is 9 months (well almost), but 7 months corrected (she is a premmie)...

& she very rarely has naps in the avo... too nosey to sleep & boy is she ratty by bedtime!!!!!

We have no pattern! LOL. Altho I spose if I look hard enuf, there might be a pattern to it.

Bedtime is usually around 9.30pm. Lately it's taken 1hr+ to actually get him to sleep. Then on average, he wakes around 1am for a feed, and then around 5.30am (probably coz of DH's alarm going off) then can sleep until about 9am (best time for me to get stuff done btw!!). Then he'll often sleep again around 11.30ish for maybe an 1hr? more if I'm lucky. Then he's awake FOREVER. He might have a short 1/2 hr nap around 4 or 5 if I can get him to. And another quick nap around 7 ish (these nap times vary every day.. whenever he shows tired signs (or if we're in the car he has a nap)) and then awake until bedtime again, around 9.30 ish.

Ella still has the same sleep pattern as she did when she was around 6months and she's now 15 months. She has three sleeps during the day. One in the morning for about 1-2hrs. One at midday for the same time. And a shorter sleep between 4-5pm. She will usually sleep between 7/8pm - 7/9am. She loves her sleep....takes after her mum - lol!

Hi

At that age they say 2 hrs up and then bed. Just look for the sign and put them to bed. I stick to that and im slowly pushing 3 hrs up now. My son is almost 10 months