Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many times were you woken last night?

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

DS is 25 months old

Lastnight it was a 3.30am wake up and refused to go back to sleep in his cot so had to bring him into our bed (which i dont like as i cant sleep with him in our bed) he kept us up until about 5ish and hasnt been to sleep today....... im with the rest of you and very very tired today.

Since putting him into daycare (1 week ago) he wont go to sleep unless we aid him to sleep by patting him and sitting with him until he falls alseep and then when he wakes up in the middle of the night wont go back to sleep... also wont sleep during the day he screams with i leave the room... ... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO...

Quote Originally Posted by amberj View Post
    See, something in the air last night....
    Thursday night was a new moon, maybe that was it?

what are wonder weeks??

Brunette01, have a look here: Parenting and Child Health - Health Topics - Wonder weeks

It is a period where the baby is usually more demanding, cranky, irritable, has sleep or eating problems, thought to be caused by a phase of development. It used to be thought of as growth spurts but now they say it is usually development of a cognitive type. It is a week, or several weeks, when you say "I wonder what is going on with this baby". It occurs in a regular pattern for almost every baby and is usually followed by a period of "tranquility" afterwards when you think to yourself "Oh, THAT'S what was going on!"

Thanks, I'll be sure to look it up!

Bella has been sleeping trough from 10 till about 7 has a bottle and then back till 10 - so very very good night sleeping ATM. She was up once a night @ 3 months.
    She is in bed now and has been since 8pm so she may wake up for a feed at about 4 tonight id say but will then go through till 10 am.

It does get better!!

Kate xox

Seems like DS has had 4 wonder weeks in a row!! (his whole life)! ours is more like when do you fall asleep for 5 mins, 9pm, 10pm, 11pm, etc etc. he is an appalling sleeper and is taking after his big sisters (who turned into good sleepers after a few months), but like the sisters, we still have not had more than a three hour sleep at a time, and that is very very rare in itself. AAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH......

I was woken at 11.30, 1.30, 4, 6, 7.15, 8 - Last night was NOT a good night! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've stopped Larissa having a dummy as it was driving me mad getting up tp put it back in... or maybe just because it was cold... Either way I am a zombie today!

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

DS is still waking up as well not as often but if Dh isnt there in his room when he wakes.. well all hell breaks loose ... DH and I still sleeping separetly. DS wont let him sleep with me anymore... oh dear!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12