Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you give bub a bath?

Default How often do you give bub a bath?

I've been wondering this for a while...

How often should I give my DS a bath? He's 2 months old, and I've been giving him a bath every 2-3 days. Should I be doing it every day, or is it just a matter of personal choice?

I think it depends on the bub. My kiddo adores baths so we do it every night as part of his bedtime routine. But I think they say actually every couple days is better for the oils on their skin or something.

We bathe together every night as part of bedtime routine, have done so with all my babies..they all love it so much and we just love all the skin to skin contact.

Jo

We have a once every few days sort of pattern.

DD settles reasonably well with a routine that does not involve a bath so we have never needed to use one every day to go to sleep.

Every 2-3 days for us - I give him a wash-cloth clean inbetween days.

Bella LOVES her baths so we have ne every night as part of our routine.. she sleeps 12 hrs straight so Im keeping my routine!! hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Kafer_Girl View Post
    Bella LOVES her baths so we have ne every night as part of our routine.. she sleeps 12 hrs straight so Im keeping my routine!! hehehe
    OMG !!! 12 hours!!! The longest my little guy has slept is 7 hours, and I thought that was a good effort!

Sterla... yeah she Loves her sleep! She goes down at 8.30 and usually gets up at 8.30ish the next morning... sometimes she will get up @ 6.30 for a bottle but she us asleep before she is finished and back to bed for another 2-3 hrs... Im very lucky!

7 hrs for a 2 month old is AWESOME!!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

at 2 months we were only bathing every 2 days as he wasnt fond of it but come 3 months was daily as he started to love his baths!

He gets excited now when carried into bathroom!!!

DD1 had one everynight from around 3 weeks, was and still is part of night routine
    DD2 only had around 7 in the first 5 weeks, didnt need them, but as of this week is having them with DD1 as part of her night routine.

DD has one every night. Also part of her routine here.

she did get baths every 2nd day until she was bout 4 weeks old.

Part of our bedtime routine is bathing the girls every night. We've done it at the same night each night since both girls were a day old.

We bath DD every night not only as a part of her routine but as for daddy daughter time. He is guaranteed to be home for bath time so that is their special bonding activity. It's been that way since she was born and we will do the same with this bubba too.

I bathed DS every 2/3 days up until about 6 mnths and now every night.

Honestly, once or twice a week when they were young - we have a deep bath and it's a pain to bend over, plus we just sponged them down inbetween. For a long time we didn't even use soap, especially with our first, he had pretty dry skin.

Now (one's 1 and one's 2.5) and they don't have one every day, sometimes they'll have one every night, sometimes they'll skip a day, sometimes they'll have two in one day, if it's a messy day.
    It's not something I worry too much about.

from pretty much when DS cord stump came off he was having a bath every night as part of our routine...we still do now every night.. and he just loves his bath aswell as the shower

I couldn't physically bathe DD so DP took her in the shower with him until very recently. Because he's a shiftworker, he's often not around in the evening so we just tried to fit it in where we could - probably around twice a week. I think it really is just personal choice unless you have a monster poo and then it can just be easier to chuck them in the shower/bath rather than faffing around with a thousand wipes.

Now she's older, it's easier and she can just come in the shower with me. She's a bit of a shower hog though and has taken to pushing me out of the way so that all the water goes on her! So these days it's almost every day.

Luckily, she's never needed it to be part of her sleep routine or we'd be stuffed!

DS gets one every two-three days. DD gets one every night. Cause she's a 'gub' (grub). Though now DS is getting older and he sees her in the tub, he is starting to whinge and wants in too! So now it's ofter every 1-2 days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast