Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you use nappy cream?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
    I used it only when needed.

Depends what sort you are using too.

Petroleum based "barrier" creams or
    Non-Petroleum based rub in salves.

i would feel safer using the salves for long term use on my child.

the petroleum based "barrier" creams also make MCN ineffective (unless you have a liner in, to take up the cream), so that's another reason i avoided the barrier creams.
    We use the Gaia Soothing Lotion. We're a MCN family, but use microfleece liners to protect the nappies. We also use cloth wipes rather than disposable wipes as they are far more gentle on sensitive skin, not to mention cheaper and eco friendly.

Interesting to see that there's a mixture of use, some every change, some only when needed and some now and then. But, all methods seem to be effective.

I rarely use nappy cream. Jack has only ever had one rash and that was due to a slight case of gastro...I used it every day while he had that.

i have never had to use nappy cream, my ds has never had a rash or anything (touch wood). I still have those little tubs of sudocream you get in the bounty bags, they are unopened. The only time i have used anything was a bit of bepanthen on a pimple he had on his bum, it was gone the next day.

I use Sudocream at every nappy change regardless if she has or hasn't got nappy rash, just as a preventative measure. I'm scared that DD might get nappy rash as it looks to be real painful when she does get it during teething.

I use sudocrem every nappy change! If he has a little sore bottom due to teething, I'll use paw paw ointment and it is all gone the next day. Do what you feel is right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12