Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How old should they be when they??

Why not never offer juice!! I don't! DD1 drinks only water at home (I occassionally send poppas to school, but we never have any drink at home except for water or milk...good money saver)!! She eats plenty of fruit. As for DD2, I will do the same. I will not be offering her juice. I just don't feel they need it, they can drink milk and water and eat fruit. xoxo

Debbie Lee Guest

Zanes never had juice! He drinks milk and water.
    Same here, Fletch. Gabby's only ever had water and milk.
    I recall giving her some water when she was 4-5 months old because she was constipated?? Or maybe she was a bit older? Yeah... I think she was 6 months. It was much warmer weather then tho too. I'd squirt some water in her mouth with a medicine dropper and that seemed to help her push the poopeys out

Gabby won't be having juice/cordial or anything like that for as long as I can keep it away from her. I know it's inevitable but, hey, I figure the less of it she has now, the better she'll be for it later on

Kaitlyn started drinking water from a sippy cup at about 7months I think ...when she was really into solids and started to drop bottles. With Juice she never had it until she started daycare about 2months ago...they claim she drinks it but she doesnt at home!. I prefer her to drink water anyway .

my eldest started water when he started solids - which at the time was 4months rather than the six it is now so i don't plan on giving this one water until he starts solids either (unless the heat of the summer weather requires a bit of added moisture now we're in the north)

I agree with the comments above - why give juice at all? Once they are on solids real fruit is surely better. I have a friend who works in the emergency department of a hospital here in Sydney and is constantly pulling out rotten teeth from children who are given juice from their bottle (and even worse, it is not uncommon for the parents to admit to her they give their children <b>coke in their bottle</b> before bed - unbelieveable.

OMG!! First - what sort of idiot gives a baby coke, and especially before bed - surely it wouldn't help them sleep!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12