Thread: How to stop wetting through?

Default How to stop wetting through?

My little 6 month old boy always wets through at night. It is really hard to change him when he is asleep as it goes through to the matress protecter, sheets, sleeping bag, his pj's and his positioning coushins. By the time i have changed all of this, he wakes up. I have tried all different brands of nappies, and larger ones as well but he seems to always wet up his back! I have seen those cotton pants but they have pvc lining, not sure if they are good for the skin to breathe? has anyone got any suggestions??

I'm guessing that when you say you've tried all different brands of nappies you mean disposables?

Why not give cloth a go at night? Some fitted nappies you can "stuff" to your hearts content with absorbant boosters & then you top it all off with a waterproof cover (not those old weird plasticy ones), definately worth a try if you're going through all that every night!!

Check out the cloth nappy section here, have heard good things about Whizz Kidz night nappies but haven't tried them myself yet, the ladies in the cloth threads will help you out though I am sure.

Good luck!

Have you tried the Aldi nappies? We had no leaking once we switched to those.

We use the BabyBeehinds bamboo cloth nappies at night & they are great. (You can add additional bamboo boosters & use a wool cover for a great night nappy - DS is quite a heavy wetter & we have no troubles with him wearing it 7:30pm - 6am-ish).

But, if you want to use disposables, I wonder if you could use a cloth booster inside? (eg. insert a bamboo booster into the disposable nappy)?? Just a thought.

Might be worth having a look in the nappy forum & asking the advice from the nappy gurus!!

We have the same problem and it is driving me crazy. We also tried the next size up and he was wet within 4 hours. Funny thing is, it doesn't happen every night and I have no idea why. I was going to try cloth nappies too if it kept happening. Good luck and would love to know the answer. I was even considering putting in a panty liner or pad into the nappy where he leaks to absorb the extra wee...... So hard changing everything in the middle of the night. Aldi nappies don't work with my DS, he wees through them during the day.

stillhoping - I'm not sure if a pad would work, because it's plastic backed - so the wee couldn't get through to the nappy properly?? But you could use a cloth booster (eg. bamboo - very absorbant)

Where do u buy bamboo cloth boosters from?

There is a new shop on Erindale Rd in Balcatta that sells bamboo booster cloths (amongst other things of course)- medium sort of size and a bigger one that you fold. It is called the One Earth Oulet and they have a website too. Ring them though to check they are in if you have a long drive. That's the only non-online place that I know!

or if you want to buy them online, there are heaps of nappy websites - eg. darlings downunder, nurture nappies, baby beehinds

Charlie is now almost a year old & we've had this problem several times & it was driving me nuts. The things that worked for us were going up to a much bigger nappy. Regardless of if he gets a new nappy after bath & it's not very wet before bed, if he's been crawling around for a bit then we change to a fresh nappy right before putting him to bed. Also my DH was smearing the nappy rash cream on before bed & I believe that was causing it to leak also. But that's just what worked for us, that & now we have a struggle to even get the nappy on & sometimes it goes on crooked....but I blame DH when that happens LOL!

hey there i have the same problem!!
    the lovely lady at dowlings downunder through email said instead of going cloth why not try a nappy cover like the stacinator deluxe fleece or totbots or a wool cover over the top of the nappy to stop it leaking through.. sounds like a good idea i am gonna try it out hth

I tried the wool cover over the top last night and he wet right up his back!!
    I went and got the pull up training pants that u use for kids going from nappies to pants. My boy is 10kgs already so I got a size that would fit him as they would cover all the way around him and also have absorbent stuff in them, so I would use this over his nappy. Fingers crossed it will work...

oh gosh he sure is a heavy wetter isnt he!!! fingers crossed the pull up works!!!!!

Yay, the pull-ups worked! I got a size 8 - 15kgs and they fit nice and snug over his nappy.