Thread: I can't believe what DH taught Amy

Default I can't believe what DH taught Amy

We have this great board book with lots of different things like farm animals, birds, transport and dinosaurs. The other day Amy & I were reading the book and we get to the dinosaurs and Amy points to one and says 'Nan'. My initial thought was did she or didn't she say that? The other night we were reading the same book and DH was there and she did the same thing, 'Nan' pointing to the dinosaur. DH started laughing and said he only showed Amy the dinosaur once and told her 'Nan'.

OMG, Nan would be devastated to hear this but it is funny as she is my MIL who has given me some grief in the past. What do you think I should do?

ROFL That is hilarious!

Let your DH fix it. If your MIL is like mine she'd get really offended and think you taught it to her.

Gemma, that's hilarious. If your MIL doesn't have a sense of humour that serves her right!

BTW, men generally are frequently guilty of teaching young children all sorts of unsavory things. A friend of ours derived endless amusement from teaching DD to put her finger up her nose!
    :-)

Thats too funny!! Oh well, it could have been worse - a dinosaurs not that bad in the scheme of things.

Yesterday something happened and I said F***. Amy heard and has been saying it, I think that is worse than Nan being a dinosaur! DH told me to post this.

"NAN" that is too funny!! so innocent yet so clever! lol

i think the F word is a bit naughty lol
    i hope thats not savannas first word as we both use it quite often without even realising lol

im dreading what hubby is going to teach her to say in the future

That is way too funny. It's terrible the things that Dh's teach kids - I hope your MIL has a sense of humour. My friends kid now says "Mummy Farted" really loudly whenever he or his Dad farts... charming.

My friends kid now says "Mummy Farted" really loudly whenever he or his Dad farts... charming.
    Oh thats funny, lol...

Debbie Lee Guest

Hahahahaa that's so funny!
    I wouldn't stress... she probably doesn't make the association with the dinosaur "Nan" and the real "Nan".

Oh yeah and the F-bomb. I'm just waiting for Gabby to parrot it. I've gotta stop swearing!! LOL

I remember telling Brandon and more recently Noah that when their nana was young she had a dinosaur for a pet. Mum doesn't mind, she goes along with it all.

The F one is going to pop up at some time or another. I am just waiting for it from Tehya. I think DH wanted you to post about it so he looked like an angel compared to you

My daughter does "brown eyes" with and without clothes on. Another charming thing she has learnt from her brothers.

Gemma, dont worry.... Let Dh deal with it...
    My Mum has taught Indah to say "Oh *****" if something happens, so now she does stuff on purpose just so she can say "OH *****"...

She will drop a spoon or fork, or anything & yell it out!!!

Oh Gemma, that's hilarious. Viv thought so too!

As for the F..., Viv didn't say it until she was about 3 when she was at day care and some of the kids were calling each other F&*#ing idiots! She dropping it on the way home in the car. I pulled over and asked her to repeat what she said. Which of course she didn't however we both knew exactly what she said! I clearly and calmly told her that was a rude word and she wasn't to repeat it. I guess Amy's a little bit small to explain that to? Mind you she's bright so she probably would understand!

NewmumLou Guest

Wow..... things to look forward to as they get older.... your household seems very exciting to live in (LOL). Your DH seems quite the character.....let him fix it!

thats a pearler lol my Dh did a similar thing although it was a plastic goat figurine that my son would take everywhere My Dy started telling him it was ( my Mum ) nanny then quickly and very queitly add goat to the end and yep DS certainly didn't hide the fact that it was in reference to her norty but still i found the funny side in it

That's soo funny and cute:P. My Dp did a similar thing too. He taight our DS that Mummies a dragon. So for about 2 months everytime he wanted me he called out "DRAGON".

Ellie

P.s he got over it..

that is hilaroius - its not like he poitned to a cow or anything! hehehehehe

PMSL!!! That's a cack!!! And even better if she's given you grief before!! hee hee!!!

Oh god, reading that I started ****ing myself with laughter!