Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I may be the world's worst mother but...

Lol ~ I think that's so funny!
    You're not a bad mum at all, You need your sleep to be a happy mummy!

You are far from the worst mother, because if you are so am I!! LOL!! Olivia does this herself. I put her into her cot and the first thing she does is grab ahold of her sheet and pulls it over her face and then goes to sleep. The stubborn little munchins sleep however they like regardless of what we do or want. If it works YAY is my policy.

hehehe, Pip started doing this with a small square of blanket with a lion's head attached so we took the blankie away, and he now pulls his teddy over his face! Or his toy cube ... anything!

He'll move when he's asleep, if he's asleep he grows, it's all good!

Yes I definitely think it's a comfort thing. Infact I do it myself and find it hard to sleep without something covering my ears and I'm 35 ?? I don't know what it is but even in summer i have to have something covering my ears and then I can relax enough to sleep ? Maybe it's because as a baby we are completely enveloped in the womb and it's a safe environment so that comfort is there when we are covered.

Thanks guys for your supporting words... brought tears to my eyes.. could be pregnancy hormones?? heehee But seriously I was feeling really bad about it!! Didn't even tell my sister or sister-in-law, who both have 5 children between them because I was afraid of being judged!!! Thank you so much for your kind words everyone. I love this site!!!! :-)

LilBelle Guest

It's funny...because my dad cant sleep without a pillow or quilt over his head...and neither can I..I wonder if my DS will be the same.=P

My daughter has a flat bear (a sheepskin teddy) and most nights she sleeps with that over her face. It is definatley a comfort thing because when she is upset she gets him and burries her fave into it. I am a strong believer of whatever works, and if that works then fantastic, certainly doesnt make you a bad mother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12