Thread: I think I just need a vent.... :(

Default I think I just need a vent.... :(

:smt100

I'm really having a hard time with Miss Emma ATM. I don't know what to do. She is normally the most easygoing baby in the world, but lately she is so 'moody'. She swings from happy, smiling Emma to screaming, crying Emma at the drop of a hat. And it's not just sometimes, it's all day long...

We are moving house ATM, staying with my parents until our new house is ready to move into. I didn't think this would worry her as we have stayed at lots of different places (including camping) & it has never upset her. So I guess that could be a factor.

I'm also wondering if she could be getting a tooth? We've had many dirty nappies a day which is unusual...

I guess I'm just at a bit of a loss as to what to do to get my happy bub back. I feel like I'm letting her down & I hate getting frustrated with her, but it's starting to get hard not to.

Also, I was silly enough to pack my 'Wonder Weeks' book thinking I wouldnt need it!! I have a feeling I'm going to look back on this & say 'Oh - of course! ....

Any opinions - do you think teeth? We need your help!!

Im so sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch.

I can't help too much but I just hope your little princess cheers up soon

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm thinking teeth. Jonah's poo nappies go up when he's getting teeth. He had 3 the other day, usually he only has one, and I can see the top left one coming down now. So I think that's probably it. Have you tried using bonjela or some other teething aid? Might be the go if you haven't tried. Maybe see what she does with a cold teething ringif you don't want to try bonjela or the likes, if she gives it a good gnaw then that will be the problem.

Melinda Guest

Yep, could be the little toothie-pegs are bothering her, poor little sausage. Teething, combined with the house move, might be enough to upset her a bit.

Is she learning anything new ATM like rolling over or thinking about crawling etc? It seems those times when they are learning new things or at least discover that new things are possible and are thinking about trying them out can be classic times to get a bit upset and frustrated.

Linda sorry to hear that smily Emma is having a rough patch. It certainly sounds as though something is upsetting her whether it be the move or teet.
    I am sure you are doing a wonderful job though just ensure you take some time out for a coffee and chocolate when you need it.

I am sure that she will sort herself out and her bubbly personality will come back.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Having moved three times (yup ) since having my first, I can definitely say moving does upset the system in a big way. I remember being at the end of my tether calling Pinky and each time she would reassure me that yes, the move can do this!!! It's new, a change to the world that they know and can be a scary time for them. Hang in there, she'll find her feet soon - and if she is getting teeth, you can imagine how much extra this will effect the little one. Lots of hugs and reassurance will help - your her 'sure thing' so she will seek this out in you.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

It's interesting about the poo's because Coco was going once a week or so, and now, since I thought she was teething, it's 1 or more a day... VERY unusual, but she's also not quite herself and although not so much grumpy, getting her to sleep is a different story, alot harder than usual. Coco sounds similar to what Emma's doing at teh moment, I'd say teething too! xo

Sounds like it could be toofies. Kaitlyn was a totally different baby for about a week or more before her teeth came in . And poos ....wowa! she was doing 3 or more a day and in the evening as well which she never did!.

Cass

Dont worry Linda, you'll definately be able to say within a week, OH it was this or that... The beauty of hindsight & honestly I still have it with Maddy!! She'll get grizzly, complain of a headache or tummy ache or something, I'll nag her to cheer up or do this or that & to make her go to schjool or whatever & within an hour or 2 they call & hse is vomiting or in tears or whastever & then off to Dr's & she has a virus, tonsilitus, etc etc... It's just part & parcel of being a Mummy & really just be there for her & let her feel secure, the move can affect her as its' just different & the world as she knew it is changing!!!
    Also teeth, i'd say! Indah has had the runny 4 poos today & stinging my eyes at nappy change... I know they are coming!!!

Never the less your doing a wonderful job & the fact that your there & you care is proof enough your not letting her down!!!

Big hugs!

Thank youso much for all the replies!! :flower: What would I do without you all???

I think I'll get some Bonjela & see if it hepls. Stardragon - yep she does have flushed cheeks also & is knawing on her hand like mad. I can't see a definate white area on her gum but it *seems* to be lighter.....or is it just my imagination.....?

Kell - thanks for letting me know your little ones are the same with moving. I guess it makes sense when their home environment is changed all of a sudden & they can't even understand why...

I really appreciate the feedback! I really hope a tooth comes up because it will at least all make a bit more sense then!!

It sounds like a combination of teeth and moving to me. I personally think that teething is blamed for alot of stuff, when really its not such a biggy for some bubs!
    When I last went to NZ, and Jenna got the personality transplant on the way over, I was suer it was teeth. Those teeth are only coming through now! And she is sleeping through the night and really happy. So I dont know.

Moving is one of THE most stressful things we can do, and maybe she is at the age now where she nows something is going on wiht mum and dad. Babies are incredibly receptive to us, so I would put my money on the ratbag playing up in a time of stress.

Still, something to help those poor little teeth come through sounds liek a goer. It will take her mind off things anyway.

Hope you are moved and settled really soon!

Linda - It can be so hard I know!! You know Louis had that really bad time and now he's just snapped out of it and is a happy little vegemite!

I just hope Emma gets through it all soon for you!

I think with Louis it lasted a couple of weeks.....grrr!

Thanks again everyone. It's still as bad as ever. I'm feeling so lousy for putting her through this whole move. Feel like the worst Mummy ever.

Sorry, I'm just carrying on, but I feel exhausted right now & we have to travel 8 hours in the next 2 days & I can just imagine it getting so much worse. What am I doing to her????

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwwwwwww Linda, you are a wonderful mummy, if you weren't you wouldn't care so much about Emma. Unforuntately moving is just one of those things in life that has to be done sometimes. Just give her lots of love and once things have settled down I'm sure she'll be back to her bubbly little self. Big :hugs: to you and Emma.

Please don't feel bad Linda!

I wish I could come up and help you! Just think how nice it will be when you're all settled down and back to normal in your new house!

hi Linda, i don't really know whether Emma could be teething or not cause i haven't experienced it yet... just wanted to send a huge your way. don't feel bad as i'm sure most of us will have felt that completely and utterly frustrated and lost feeling. i'm sure she'll be back to her usual chirpy self soon

Kellee Guest

Lots of hugs to you - I know it's hard. Just thought I'd pop in my two cents worth - I reckon you're right about the teeth... Charlie never got any relief from Bonjela, but SM33 gel was a godsend. Funny - another friend of mine who gets mouth ulcers all the time reckons SM33 doesn't do anything for her but she loves Bonjela. Everyone is different I suppose. Anyway, if the Bonjela doesn't work, try SM33. HTH!